Chapter 19: Match

Fatima sat at the table, her posture poised and her eyes scanning the room as she waited for the city council to convene. She had spent weeks preparing for this moment, gathering all the necessary permits and paperwork to secure permission for the new club.

As the council members filed into the room, Fatima felt a surge of adrenaline wash over her. She took a deep breath and reminded herself to stay focused, to remain calm and collected no matter what challenges lay ahead.

"Good afternoon, Ms Wilson," the council president said, addressing Fatima with a slight nod.

"Good afternoon, Mr President," Fatima replied, her voice even and measured.

"We've received your application for the new club," the council president continued, shuffling through a stack of papers. "It seems you've covered all the requirements, but we have a few concerns about the location of the club. Can you address those for us?"

Fatima nodded, her mind racing as she considered the potential objections the council might raise. She listened carefully to the council's concerns and then began to speak, her words measured and precise.

"Thank you for your time, and I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns." her tone firm and confident. "We understand that the location of the club may raise some concerns, and we have taken a proactive approach to ensure that the club will not disrupt the surrounding area. We have installed state-of-the-art soundproofing materials and have taken steps to ensure that the club will not exceed noise limits set by the city. In addition, we have implemented strict security measures to ensure the safety of club-goers and the surrounding community."

The council members listened attentively, nodding their heads as Fatima made her case, they were impressed by her thoroughness and attention to detail. As she finished speaking, there was a moment of silence as the council members conferred amongst themselves.

Finally, the council president spoke. "Thank you, Ms Wilson, for addressing our concerns. We appreciate the measures you've taken to ensure that the new club will be a positive addition to the community. Your application has been approved."

Fatima breathed a sigh of relief, feeling a sense of accomplishment wash over her. She knew that negotiating permits for a new club was no easy feat, especially with Baxter coming after them behind the scenes.

As she gathered her papers and prepared to leave the meeting, the council president spoke up once more.

"Ms Wilson, I must say, you are an excellent negotiator," he said, a smile playing at the corners of his lips.

Fatima's lips curled into a subtle smile. "Thank you, Mr President," she replied. "It is always my aim to provide the highest level of representation for my clients."

With that, she turned and walked out of the meeting.

Later that day, as she settled on the couch in Madam's office, Fatima shared the good news with her cousin. "We got the permits," she said with a satisfied grin.

Madam's lips curved into a mischievous smirk as she teasingly says, "I see you're on one this week. Getting more of that motivational dick?"

Fatima shook her head with a wry smile, "I am dick deprived, I ain't had no sex. Your boy is playing games."

Intrigued, Madam leaned forward laughing, "Tell me,"

"So a couple of days ago he asked me to move in with him and I said no, we're not ready for that. So him being him he decided we should make a bet and if he wins we move in if I win he doesn't bring it up again."

"Okay, so what's the bet?"

"If I can go 7 days without him or me spending the night then I win but if I can't then he wins,"