CC Jitters

Barrys Pov.

I was ready to see my best friend. I had been in a coma for 9 months. She was so much more than a best friend to me. As I walked through the door at Jitters, my world stops. Shes beautiful. She sees me and immediately takes off running into my arms.

"Barry oh my gosh, You're awake? Why didn't star labs call us?"  she says excitedly.

"I just woke up" I smile.

"Should you even be on your feet... I watched you die Barry, your heart stopped."

"I promise I'm fine Iris" I take her hand and place it on my chest "my heart is beating" I say.

"It's beating really fast" I smile at her. All of a sudden, a girl carrying a tray of coffees trips and the world stands still. It seems like everything is in slow motion. I snap back to reality.

"My dad is going to be so happy to see you, let me grab my stuff and we can head over to CCPD." she hurries off to grab her things.

"Yeah okay" I smile and wait on her before heading to CCPD.

-at CCPD-

"It's really good to see you Bar" Joe says as he wraps me in a hug.

"Hey baby face you took a 9-month nap, and you still look 12." an older officer jokes to Barry. Just then an officer approaches

"hey Joe we have a robbery at Gold city Bank, 2 dead." and officer says.

Joe hugs Barry "I will see you later duty calls, let's go to partner"

Just then Eddie approaches. "Hey Iris" he smiles at her It's impossible to notice the tension between them.

"Detective Thawne you should go my dad doesn't like to be kept waiting." she snarks.

"It's good to see you Barry" he says as he walks towards the elevator. Another officer steps up and asked if he can talk to Iris. Just then I notice a guy being booked in reach for a gun on an officer's side and before I know it, I am there behind the guy and slamming him back down on the table and in the blink of an eye I am back to where I was. I have no idea what's going on with me.

"You, okay?" iris asks. I immediately tell Iris that I need some air and in a rush I go outside. My heart is racing. I try to run again and end up running into a squad car and causing the lights sirens to go off and then run down the road. Unable to stop myself I live in the back of a dry cleaner's van. I quickly apologize to the man, saying sorry, and jump out when I immediately begin to feel dizzy. What's going on with me?

Danielle's pov
I parked my car across from CCPD and get out to head inside. I get inside the elevator and head up to the captain's office.  When I was up off the elevator, I see Barry, talking to Joe and Iris I quickly duck into the hallway to hide. What am I doing? I asked myself. Can I actually work with him? I highly doubt that he or Iris even notice me, because up until I was 16, I lived with the foster family I didn't even know about Ronnie or my other family.  Truthfully, I kind of  resented him for surviving when Ronnie didint. I had to shake this feeling if I was going to get this job and make anything that resembled a career. Once Joe and his new partner, Eddie had left and I see Barry go outside, I walked towards the captain's office and knocked on the door.

"Captain Singh?" I poke my head in.

"Yes, you must be Danielle Collins?" Singh asks.

"Actually, it's Raymond now" I politely respond.
I had my name changed a couple of months before the particle accelerator exploded. It was a surprise present for Ronnie. I'm really glad that I went through with it give it all that has happened since then.  Only got to know Ronnie for about eight years before that night for the better part of the beginning of my life thinking that I was really with my family.

"I am really happy for the opportunity to get some experience in my field captain" I smiled as he opened his drawer to retrieve my resume.

"It says here you did some clerical work at SCPD?"

"I did sir. It was a co op opptirnity while I was in high school. I lived in starling up until I was 16 sir. Before I decided to become a CSI" I respond.

"You double majored in that and biochemistry?" He asks

"Yes sir" I smiled.

"CSI Allen would be grateful to have the help upstairs in the lab I'm sure" he looks up at me.

"Well, I would love the opportunity sir."

"Well, you can come in tomorrow and get everything set up and then we will get you a crime scene pass by next week until then just stick with Barry. "

He hands me some paperwork to sign.  I again thank him for the opportunity and put the papers in my bag and walk out of his office. What am I getting myself into? Is it really smart for me to be working here considering I was affected by that particle Accelerator explosion? Am I the only one?