Chapter Three

The days that followed, were thankfully uneventful. My parents had stopped blowing up my phone and I'd been successful in avoiding Julian Black. So I was mostly in class in the mornings and in my dorm or the library in the the evenings.

It was now Friday afternoon and I was curled up in my bed watching a movie. As the past few days I had focused on studying and getting assignments done, I decided today was the day to relax. I had invited Gideon and Victoria over but they hadn't arrived as yet.

I figured they were still in lectures, so I didn't really stress too much over them. Instead I decided to watch a romcom, while I waited. As Gideon was into mostly Fantasy and Action series. This was my chance to atleast try to trick my mind into thinking stuff like falling in love could happen.

Yet as I watched the MCs fall in love slowly, all I felt was bitterness. For I knew all too well that fairy tales didn't exist. My parents were a great example of that. There wasn't a day that I had been around my parents and they didn't have an argument. In fact I can't remember the last time they went on a date or even kissed.

They were miserably married. Yet they refused to leave each other. I could never understand it and I wasn't really sure I wanted to understand. I thought love was supposed to be rainbows and sushine but I learnt quickly that the movies were a lie.

So I vowed to never put myself through that misery.

Love was an illusion and I wanted no share and part in it. I was satisfied watching the movies. However, putting myself out there was a risk I would never take.

It was around 3 pm when I heard a knock at my door. I had long finished my romcom and had turned to other means of entertainment. Which in simple words was watching highlights of Friday Night Smackdown.

I was a huge wrestling fan so whenever I got the chance that was my go to.

I made my way to the door already expecting Gideon or Victoria. Yet when I opened the door, I was surprised to find my mother standing there. What in the world was she doing here?

"M-mom?" I voiced, more confused than I'd ever been in my life.

She had a broad smile on her face and she stood in an expecting stance.

So I gave her a hug and invited her in. Trying my best to plaster a fake smile on my face. Don't get me wrong I loved my mother but she hadn't given a heads up or anything. So I just wanted to know why she was here.

"It never fails to amaze me, how small the dorms are here" she revealed as she eyed the space they had paid for in disapproval.

Where was this conversation heading? I had no clue.

"I mean it's not too bad. I kinda like it" I replied, as I'd gotten attached to the small space.

She turned to give me a disapproving look before she took a seat in the little couch at the corner of the room.

"Mom, I'm happy to see you really, yet I have to ask...why are you here?" I asked her, getting straight to the point.

She sighed at my question and rested the bag she had brought on the floor.

"I got a promotion" she revealing, looking at me proudly.

"What!? That's amazing!" I exclaimed, moving a bit closer to her.

She had been waiting for this day for years, it was a blessing the day had actually arrived for her.

Yet it still didn't answer my question, as she could've given me the news over the phone.

"Soooo?" I erged her to go on, excited to find out what really brought her here.

She got a promotion, so it was possible she was taking me shopping. It had to be something to celebrate. So if not shopping, then it could be dinner at a restaurant.