Chapter Eighteen

It was 1pm on a Thursday. Which was the time most of our group took lunch. So it was expected of each member to meet at the tables by the trees.

We each had very diverse schedules but for some reason when it came to 1pm on a weekday, our schedules aligned.

After the stunt I pulled on Tuesday, I wasn't going to skip lunch. It was a pathetic move and I had learnt from the mistake. I was ready to put whatever animosity I had towards Julian behind me.

Walking out of the building, I made my way across campus to the tables we usually sat at. I was so focused on getting there that I didn't see someone approaching me. So you could understand why I jumped when the person tapped me on the shoulder.

"Holy sh-" I almost cursed but stopped at the sight of Regina.

"Sorry for scaring you" she apologized, an awkward smile on her lips.

She was in a white polo shirt and blue jeans with some black and white vans. She had her hair in two french braids and she had a clean face, no makeup to be seen. 

She looked really simple but really nice.

"It's good, what's up?" I asked, still shocked we ran into each other.

It was a massive campus and we had never seen each other in this setting before.

"Nothing much, I was just surprised to see you. I'm heading out for lunch and I was wondering if you wanted to join me?" She answered, throwing in an invite as well.

I wanted to turn her down but she seemed to be alone. Plus it was really kind of her to even ask me go with her in the first place. The others wouldn't even miss me, it was alot of them. Missing another lunch wouldn't hurt.

"Are you going alone?" I asked, deciding that I'd join her if no one else was going.

She seemed at bit sad by my question.

"Yeah" she answered, in a glum tone.

Before I could tell her I'd go, I got interrupted by another person yelling my name.

As I turned to find the source, Regina's face lit up. Turns out it was Gideon, who was approaching us quickly. Dressed in his signature blue jeans, black hoodie and black boots.

"Gid, hey" I greeted as he stood before us.

"Hey Gideon" Regina chirped and I internally smiled at her behavior. 

"Hey Regina, nice to see you again" he politely acknowledged her, then turned his attention to me.

"Why aren't you with the other? I was just heading there." He inquired, giving me a pointed look.

He probably thought I was going to avoid them again.

"Regina invited me to lunch with her. You wanna come?" I asked, knowing Regina was probably thanking me internally. 

It was so clear she had a fat crush on him.

"I mean Vicky is gonna flip out but sure I'll tag along if Regina doesn't mind." He accepted, looking to Regina for an answer.

"Oh trust me, I don't mind" she spoke up, her tone filled with happiness. 

That's how we found ourselves at a restaurant near campus. Ordering barbequed chicken, rice and peas and fruit Juice. Sitting in a booth style area, relaxing from the walk.

None of us had cars, so we had to travel by foot to most places. Unless it was far and we needed an uber or taxi. We weren't as fortunate as our other friends, specifically Julian, Victoria and Kimberly.