Chapter Nine

"So you and Kelton are really official?" I asked Victoria as we sat infront of Gideon.

It was Tuesday morning, we had early lectures and decided to meet up before heading off to our individual classes.

"Omg yes, girl he asked me on our way to the party!" She rambled excitedly and I smiled at her in return.

I was happy she had bagged her target. Kelton Forester was a hot topic and on high demand. There were about 100 girls who wanted to date him. Yet he chose Victoria and to me that was the best choice he'd ever made in his life.

I looked over at Gideon who was analyzing us both silently. He seemed a bit off today and I came up short on a possible reason for his behavior. He wasn't really the chatty type but he was also not the extremely quiet type.

"Are you ok Gid?" I asked, giving him a look of concern.

He quickly changed his expression to a more happy one and threw me a smile.

"Ofcourse I am, why would you think otherwise?" He replied, his thick accent pushing through.

I shrugged.

"You seemed a bit out of it that's all" I explained and he waved me off.

"I'm good meli, honestly " he finalized and I gave another shrug.

I wasn't going to push the issue. If he said he was ok then he must be ok. He had no reason to lie to me.

"I bet he's just jealous I got a man" Victoria teased and I smiled at her attempt to lighten the mood.

"I bet your man's breath is stink" Gideon fired back with a scoff.

To which I gasped and looked at Victoria.

"Atleast he's handsome, you got both a ugly face and horrendous breath " she fired back.

To which I gasped once more and turned to Gideon.

"Damn, that sounds different from what you were whispering in my ear last night Vicky" he continued and a smirk was now on his lips.

My eyes drifted back to Victoria.

"Oh right, I was whispering how much of a grinch you were right? If not you were dreaming hun" she answered and I knew they'd go on for hours if I didn't stop them.

"Alright children, that's enough" I cut in, barely controlling my laughter.

They both childishly stuck their tongues out at each other and I burst out laughing.

Then we fell into a heated conversation about which Fisher brother from TSITP deserved to be with belly. Gideon being the Conrad defender, Victoria being the Jeremiah defender and me the Cam Cameron stan. It was so fun to be talking about a series I absolutely loved with my friends.

We were so engrossed in our conversation, we hadn't noticed the 3 musketeers approaching us.

"Babe" Kelton greeted his girlfriend with a gentle kiss to her cheek.

While Hudson and Julian sat on either side of Gideon. Who was giving me a look we both understood. A look of amusement.

"Hey babe" Victoria greeted back and immediately got to introducing.

"This is Gideon by the way, our resident pain in the ass" she spoke, to which Julian, Hudson and Kelton greeted Gid with pleasant smiles.

Gideon greeted them back before flipping Victoria the bird.

To which she rolled her eyes.

"And you guys already met Meli" she finished and Kelton gave me a pat on my back as he sat down beside Victoria.