Chapter Fifteen

Man had I made a mistake.

Thinking Julian Black would just change overnight.

It became obvious he didn't the moment I stepped into the apartment. The Boys greeted us politely at first. Nothing out of the ordinary happening. Then Vicky and I went to the guest room to get ready with Kimberly.

It was on my way over to the room, I realized how Julian was watching my every step. He couldn't keep his eyes off me and I'm sure his friends noticed.
As he hadn't really been too subtle with his blatant stare.

Shit...

Stepping into the room that us girls would occupy. I locked the door behind me. Then I walked a bit deeper into the fairly sized room, joining Victoria on the bed.

Kimberly was in the bathroom taking a shower, so we were waiting on her to get ready together.

"I really hope this Bonfire is fun. Imagine dressing up for a dead night." Victoria voiced, as she laid across the bed.

I nodded in agreement, as I hardly went anywhere. So I'd be pretty upset if the one event I was excited for turned out to be a flop. I'd probably cry when no one was watching. As there was nothing I despised more than leaving my house only to be disappointed. 

"Anyways, what's going on with you and Julian?" She suddenly asked, just as Kimberly emerged from the bathroom.

She was in a silky black robe, which had her initials on the back.

"Oh hey Meli" she greeted, being civil with me.

We hadn't talked much since that day at my apartment. Going as far as not talking to each other during lunch. Avoiding the elephant in the room at every meet up.

Yet it seemed we would finally put it behind us now.

"Hey Kim" I returned, giving her a smile.

As she she walked over to join us on the bed, she added to Victoria's inquiring. 

"So what's going on with you and Julian?"she asked, ready for some juicy details.

"Nothing, we're literally the same" I answered, confused on what gave them any other impression. 

Victoria rolled her eyes at my answer, which made Kimberly chuckle.

"What?" I asked, missing the joke.

"Well for starters you guys don't banter anymore and he was looking at you as if you were a Goddess earlier." Victoria began. 

"You were just in your sweats" Kimberly finished and I laughed.

"He was not looking at me like that, plus he's dating someone " I tried to play it off.

"They went on one date, just one and by the way he spoke, there won't be a next." Kimberly revealed, which peaked my interest. 

"Interesting, tell me more" I inquired, in genuine curiosity.

"Well, according to Julian she's boring. Doesn't know how to keep a conversation going and lastly 'she's not Meli', so I think there's definitely not going to be another date" Kimberly filled us in and Victoria's eyes widened.

"No way" she remarked and Kimberly nodded.

"Those were his exact words girl" Kimberly reassured. 

I wanted to walk out the room and punch him.

How could he say that about Sudanae? She was an absolute gem and she was really into him. He was making a huge mistake!

"He needs to stop saying shit like that" I mumbled, still upset by the news.