Chapter Nineteen

It felt good to sleep in on a Saturday. Even though I knew my beauty rest and peace would soon get disruptted by Victoria. When she'd see my message about not going to the beach festival. Which was being held at a well known beach around 3pm.

I had wanted to go at first, really I did. After all it was at the beach and near sunset. It would be beautiful. However, I remembered the HUGE crowd that would be there and I changed my mind. Illiminating every pros by that one con.

Not to mention Victoria would skip off to God knows where with her boyfriend. Gideon would probably be too busy getting chummy with Kimberly. Then Hudson and Julian would go off to do guy things which would leave me alone and miserable.

I couldn't bear being on a crowded beach alone, I didn'twant to risk an anxiety attack.

Turning in my bed, I pulled the sheet from over my head and sighed. It was now 11:13 am and as much as I'd love to sleep away the day, I needed fresh air. So I crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth before going out to the balcony to sit.

It was really calming, sitting in my sleep wear looking out at the scenery. The wind was gentle and Oakhills was quiet. It was all so surreal, as I didn't have a care in the world at that moment. 

As I sat in the silence my mind went over the events of the day prior.

Julian and I had such a chill time shopping for food. We spent a long time at the supermarket as his grocery list was extremely long. Yet it was good having that one on one interaction. He had even bought me Sour patches and Hersheys, remembering when Gideon had mentioned I liked them.

He really was taking notes that one time.

Smiling to myself, I sank even further into the cushioned chair. My mind was now consumed with the conversation we had in his car. I recalled the way he asked me alot about myself and nodded at each response as if taking mental notes. I was so far gone that I hadn't realized Regina had joined me on the balcony. 

"Good morning!" She chirped, making me jump a bit out of shock.

She looked apologetic, probably realizing how often it was now that she'd given me mini heart attacks.

"In my defense, you're the one that was staring into space" she argued and I shot her a harmless glare.

She wasn't wrong, it was partially my fault for day dreaming over Julian Black.

"One of these days, I swear I'm going get you back for the many shocks you've given me" I vowed, wiggling my index finger at her.

She grinned at my antics and plopped down beside me.

"Anyways, I made breakfast " she revealed and I gave her a side eye.

Regina wasn't one to cook, infact she'd left all the cooking up to me. So it was surprising to hear she'd made breakfast. I even thought I'd heard wrong.

"You cooked?!" I asked, still not convinced I'd heard correctly.

"I didn't say cook, I said made" she corrected and I laughed. 

"Oh, that makes more sense, what did you make?" I asked, still a bit amused.

"Fruit salad!" She cheered and I gave her big smile. I absolutely adored fruit salad.

So as soon as she said it I raced to the kitchen to grab some. It was so good, the pineapple and grapes being my favorite. She had outdone herself truly and I quickly forgot about Victoria potentially calling. As I chummed down on my fruit salad, very greedily.

After we ate the fruit salads Regina had to go to the nail salon to get her mani-pedi for the festival. She was going all out, claiming that a few celebrities were romoured to attend. Apparently she wanted to look her best incase she bumped into anyone iconic. Which I couldn't blame her for as I would've probably done the same.