Chapter Eight

How did the night end like this?

I thought, As I sat across from Julian in his Porsche. 

Oh right, Kelton... that's what happened. 

After we had watched the movie, well more like Julian and I watched. The love birds were too busy making out. We went back to the parking lot to say our farewells. 

Now you'd think Victoria would bid the boys a simple farewell and take me home. Yet she had other plans, plans that Julian and I were too tired to join in on. I wasn't in the mood for a party.

So Kelton had the bright idea of suggesting that Julian take me home. Then him and Victoria got into her car and she blew me air kisses before heading off to the rager. That's how I got here, sitting awkwardly across from Julian. 

"Why are you so mean to me?" He asked out of the blue, driving really slowly.

It was as if he was deliberately dragging out our car ride together. 

"I'm not mean to you Julian, trust me, you wouldn't be able to handle that side of me" I answered, looking through the window at the buildings that swooshed by us.

"Be so for real Lia, you act like you hate me" he threw back and my head snapped over to him.

Lia?

Who the hell was Lia?

"That's not my name dimwit" I stated, as he kept his head straight and sighed.

"It's a nick name Meli, short for Damelia" he explained, sounding frustrated. 

Yet it was I that should've been frustrated. 

"Then why not just call me Meli? Everyone else does" I asked him, wanting to hear his logic.

"Well for starters, I'm not trying to be like everyone else, I'm trying to be your man" he flat out told me and if I had water in my mouth it would've flown straight to the windshield.

I froze and looked over at him again, to which he smirked, his eyes still on the road.

The nerves of this man. 

"Trying is really the key word, Cause ain't no way you'll succeed at it. Might as well give up now" I advised, not at all wooed by his flirty attempts.

"I know you're not an easy woman Lia, you've avoided dating from the day you set foot on this campus. You completely ignore the signs guys give you. You're a homebody with literally 2 friends. Yet I see you reading your novels" he spoke up, which creeped me out a bit.

Was he stalking me?

"You can tell yourself you don't believe in romance but I know better. You're just afraid of getting hurt and living a boring life like your parents. You're just afraid to take a risk." He continued.

I wanted to interrupt him so bad but he was speaking a bit too much facts and I wanted to hear more.

"Don't you worry Lia, I'll be the one you read about in your novels. I'll wait for you, fight for you, I'll make you believe in love" he finished and for some reason, I had this growing urge to laugh.

Clearly Julian fell off the bed when he was a baby.

I wasn't going to fall in love with anybody, especially not him. He really thought it was about my parents and not taking a risk. Yet that wasn't the half of it.

Though I could tell he was interested in me, afterall he didn't hide it. I knew he'd inevitably stop. His feelings were going to fade in a matter of time.