Chapter Twenty -two

The next day, while Regina got ready for her lectures, I filled her in. Telling her the funny story of how I made Julian oh so jealous at lunch. Since he hadn't had the audacity to even acknowledge me properly and explain himself. 

Ofcourse, as my friend, Regina assured me I had done the right thing. She applauded me for getting back at him.Which made me feel even more satisfied with my decision. 

However, after she left to go on campus, guilt settled in my chest. As I looked at my phone screen and saw the 'It was nice talking to you' text message from Tatum.Who I reminded myself was a good guy and he didn't deserve being used to make Julian jealous. 

Gosh I was a bad person for doing what I did. Yet I kept telling myself that I was just making a friend and it had to be done. I wasn't leading Tatum on. Infact, we hadn't talked about anything but regular... plain things.

So, I mustered up some courage and replied.

It was nice talking to you too.

Then I had a shower, got dressed and did my hair.

I had to run some errands, as Regina and I needed groceries. I also needed some self care products and cleaning products. I had a long day ahead of me, yet there was one exciting aspect.

Kimberly would be joining me.

Since we were friends now and Victoria and I still remained in a rough patch, she was my partner for the day. Plus she had a car, which would make transporting easier. She was also the only one that didn't have lectures on a Wednesday like me.

Kimberly was excited to spend the day with me and I felt the same. We hadn't had any one on one time before. Which meant we now had a chance to truly bond.

I wore a short-sleeved black body suit, blue loose fitted jeans and a pair of black and white air jordans. The shoes had been a Christmas gift from my Dad and were my favorites. I decided on my outfit because I knew Kimberly would be more than presentable.

I wanted to look good beside her, incase we were photographed. As she often got photographed out in public. She was that well known and influential. Not to mention she'd already gained a loyal fanbase.

Around 11:10am was when she texted me, letting me know she was in the parking lot of the complex. So I got my tote bag, threw in my purse and phone, then locked up the apartment.  Then I quickly made my way downstairs and out into the huge parking lot.

Looking around for any sign of her, a honk drew my attention to a beautiful car. It was a Mercedes Benz S63 AMG Cabriolet and boy was it a sight. I didn't know much about cars but it didn't look cheap, that was certain. It was at that very moment I realized how different our worlds really were.

As she smiled at me and waved me over, my mind kept wondering how she could afford that car. How Julian could afford a Porsche. How they could afford their lifestyles.

Yes their parents were rich but to casually have such luxuries was intimidating, yet impressive.

"Woahhhh!" I gushed, as I slipped into the car and sat beside her.

The inside was clean and beautiful. Customized with white leather seats.

"Like her?" Kimberly chuckled as she backed out of the parking lot and began the drive to the supermarket.

Of course I liked her! I absolutely wished I could afford such a car. Yet, one like me could only dream.

"I do, how did you afford this?" I asked, very curious to know. 

She smiled as she drove and explained how it was possible. Telling me the story of how she started her content creation journey from highschool and kept saving until she could afford a luxury car. There was no mention of her parents contributing to the purchase. Which made it even more impressive to hear.