Chapter Seventeen

Julian's
Pov,

Did she seriously just walk out on me?

Why was she like that? Who could've hurt her so bad. To the point she wouldn't try to pursue something she obviously wanted? It was obvious Damelia had some sort of feelings for me.

At first it seemed like she didn't care, that she was truly not interested. 

Yet the kiss...

The kiss definitely sparked something in her and something even deeper in me. I wanted her even more now than ever. There was something about her that drew me in and kept me enthralled. 

I couldn't help but get excited around her. I couldn't resist staring whenever she was around. I'd never been so taken to someone ever before. Which is why this was scaring me but making me ready for the adventure at the same time.

In that moment, as I watched her walk out of the library, I made up my mind.

Damelia Taylor would be mine, no ifs or buts.

Heading out after her, I found my car in the lot. Then I drove home to get some rest and think about what I had to do. I'd definitely need some help, so I'd have to converse with Kimberly or Victoria. 

Women knew each other best, so they would definitely know what to do.

When I got home, the place was quiet an indicator the others weren't back as yet. So I dumped my books on the coffee table and went to search the fridge for food. Luckily, there was some leftover pizza.

So I heated the pizza in the microwave and got a bottle of water from the snack cabinets. 

It wasn't much but it would have to do, atleast until I went shopping.

Kicking my shoes off, I plopped down unto the couch.

"Is that you Julian?!" I heard Hudson shout from his room.

He seemed to have beat me back to the house.

"Yeah! Wanna play some COD?" I answered,  suggesting a game at the same time.

I didn't have to ask twice, as he emerged from his room in mere seconds.

"Ofcourse I want to play some COD! Do you even have to ask?" He voiced, as he walked over to the gaming setup and got everything ready.

I quickly finished my heated pizza and washed it down with my water.

Then I joined him and took a seat in one of his gamer chairs.

"Oh, I forgot to ask... Did you see her?" Hudson inquired.

He knew I had gone looking for Damelia.  As he was at the table when we were all wondering where she was at. Gideon had been the most concerned but Hudson was also a bit worried. 

I guess he's warmed up to her, regardless of thinking she's rude.

"Yeah, I did" I replied,  grabbing a controller.

"So she's good?" He asked, looking at me intently. 

"Honestly man, I don't know" I sighed, resting the controller on my lap.

Leaning back in the chair, I dragged my hands down my face and groaned.

"What happened?" He pressed, giving me his undivided attention. 

"She's just so complicated. It's clear she wants me and I want her but she keeps holding back. I don't know what else to do to convince her that my feelings are genuine.  It's taking a toll on me because I've never felt like this before." I explained, telling him how everything was going.