Chapter Twelve

Friday rolled around pretty quickly and I was absolutely happy about it. I had some plans for the weekend and I couldn't wait to get started on them. After all the week had been a bit exhausting.

Exiting my Psychology lecture hall, I greeted Gideon with a smile. He was waiting for me as he had a lecture right across from my room at the same time. So every Friday we'd meet before heading to lunch to meet Victoria. 

However today I had other plans.

"You look tired" he commented, as he gave me a once over.

"I am tired" I confirmed to which he shrugged.

"Hopefully lunch can cheer you up" he spoke as we headed outside. 

"Actually, I'mma skip lunch today" I informed him, to which he halted his movements.

I turned to look at him, ready for his inquiring.

"Why though?" He asked, his face scrunched up in a disapproving look.

"I just want to go back to the apartment to rest" I explained but he was having none of my lies.

He knew how much I loved hanging out with him and Victoria. 

"Be honest Meli, you skipped Lunch yesterday as well" He pointed out and I tried my best not to get upset at him.

"I don't want to be around them Gid" I finally admitted and his expression changed to a soft one.

"Meli, they aren't so bad once you get to know them. Plus Vicky is happy, don't you want Vicky to be happy?" He tried to reason with me. The truth was that I was really upset about what Julian did.

If he wasn't going to take Sudanae out, he should've just told me up front.

"Ofcourse I want her to be happy " I answered.

It was just Julian that I had a problem with, Hudson and Kelton were actually really cool.

"Then forget Julian and come spend time with your friends. Victoria and I are your friends. " He spoke and I gave in.

He always knew how to talk some sense into me.

"Fine, just keep him distracted from talking to me. I might actually snap if he starts the flirting" I requested and Gideon laughed as we made our way to the table by the trees.

Victoria and Kelton were sat beside Hudson, while Julian and his sister sat on the otherside. I was surprised to see Kimberly at the table, she was usually with her girlfriends. Rarely around her brother apart from at parties.

Although I was surprised to see her, I was glad that she was there. As there would be only space for one more person to sit. So it gave me the perfect excuse to sit a the table beside the one they occupied. 

Meaning less interactions with Julian or none at all.

"Meli!" Victoria cheered as Gideon and I sat around the table adjacent to their's. 

She seemed really happy to see me. She was in her cheer uniform which made it obvious she had an event before lunch. It must have went great with the way her mood was all sunshines and rainbows.

"Vicky" I acknowledged with a bright smile. 

Then I turned to greet everyone else while Gideon did the same.

"Did I accidentally take someone's spot?" Kimberly asked, her tone one of guilt and Gideon was quick to answer.

"Ofcourse not, you're good" he told her to which she nodded in content.