Chapter Twenty-four

Ugh...

What a boring lecture.

As I sat in my Psychology lecture on Thursday, I counted down the minutes that lead to a break. The lecturer was speaking oh so slowly and no one seemed interested. Which was sad because I loved the course, it was interesting... yet she had no personality.

When I heard the shrill sound of the two hour timer, I sighed in relief to be done with the session.

I knew I'd have to review the topic on my own. As I barely understood what she was talking about. Something about a philosopher/scientist and behaviorism. I wasn't too sure as it all got jumbled up in head.

Quickly gathering my belongings, I made my way out into the busy hall. Students ran to and fro. Some to catch a lecture, some to query grades and some heading out to lunch or straight home.

I was apart of the latter, as I was heading to lunch. Where I knew my friends and Julian were waiting. Probably already talking about the party Kelton was hosting in the night.

Speaking of Kelton, I remembered that Victoria was still upset. Although I felt bad we weren't speaking, I still didn't want to be the one to apologize. I was tired of always having to be the bigger person.

It sucked the most knowing something exciting was happening in my life and I couldn't even tell her about it. If she'd just stop being petty, we could've spoken all night about my date. However, that didn't happen and I needed to put her at the back of my mind.

As I drew closer to the tables by the trees, I felt my sadness fade to excitement. Afterall, I would be seeing Julian and I was nervous, yet happy. Nervous because we were now dating and we'd inevitably act differently than before.

Especially me, who had been so hard on him in the beginning. Blocking all his advances. Swearing I'd never be interested in him. Now look at me... having butterflies in my stomach at the mere thought of him.

Yet, when I reached the table, my heart sank. The butterflies dissipitated and my smile shrunk. Julian, Hudson, Kelton and Victoria were all missing.

Trying to calm my worry, I walked over to Kimberly and Gideon. Greeting them as cheerfully as I could muster before sitting down. Then I waited a little before asking them what was going on.

"So, where are the others?" I asked, calmly.

Kimberly gave me a knowing look, while Gideon shrugged as to say 'I don't know'.

"Well Julian has a pop quiz tomorrow, so he's using lunch time to study, Hudson is helping because he's a literal genius." Kimberly began to explain, as to not have me in the dark.

Gideon was listening as well, just as curious as I was about the others.

"As for the happy couple, they're setting up for Kelton's party. Getting the snacks, drinks, games etc ready." She finished.

"Oh, thanks for letting me know " I replied.

It all made sense now. Julian was popular yes but not by choice. He was more concerned with his education than many would expect. He aspired to be a brilliant Corporate lawyer and worked towards it as best as he could.

It was truly inspiring.

As for Victoria, she supported her man in everything. So it was no surprise she was helping out with party preparations. Plus I heard this was the last party the Three Musketeers aka Kelton, Hudson and Julian would be hosting for the semester.

Finals were closer than ever and they needed to lock in for exams. Not to mention summer was also right after finals and they had so many plans. Like going to a vacation house on a beach overseas. Exploring local places wherever they chose to go. Plus documenting some of it for Kimberly's social media.