Chapter Eleven

It was nearly 6pm when I got home Tuesday evening. Though tired from hours of helping Gideon study, I decided to cook. For 1 I was hungry and 2 I wanted to treat Regina.

She was such an amazing living mate and she deserved a little homemade food. She had lectures until 7pm, so I had good time to whip up something nice. I was so excited for her to get home, as we had the most fun time together. 

Little by little we were getting closer and she almost felt like a sister. 

She had mentioned liking roasted salmon. So I was going to make it with a side of mashed potatoes. I was really good in the kitchen, so I knew she'd like it.

I had turned some Latin pop on as I moved around the kitchen. Swaying my hips and putting the ingredients together as I went was thrilling. It was like a de-stresser.

I finished cooking around 7:30pm and I quickly plated the food. Knowing Regina, she'd be home any minute. As she only ever went out on weekends. 

As if timing the food, she got home exactly when I had finished cleaning off the Kitchen island where the stools were. Infact the food was still hot and the aroma bathed the apartment with it's scent. I couldn't wait to dig into the salmon but I had to control myself.

"Wow Meli! Something smells amazing in here" she praised as she came into the kitchen. 

She had a large pizza box with her, which was an indication she had no intentions of cooking. Luckily for her, I was her hero for the night. So she could have pizza for breakfast instead.

"I'm cooking roasted salmon baby!" I revealed with a cheer and I watched her eyes widen.

"Omg, no way" she replied in excitement. 

"Yes way, I felt like cooking and I know you like roasted salmon. So ta-da!" I explained before pointing at the food I dished out for her.

She walked over to the island and got on a stool happily humming.

"Meli honestly, I absolutely adore you!" She gushed as she got ready to dig into her meal.

Smiling in utter contentment, I got a stool and sat beside her to eat my dinner as well. 

Around 8pm, Regina got a call from Sudanae. She was coming over and wanted to know if I was home. Which was a bit weird but Regina let her know I was there.

When Regina got off the phone, she turned to me with a raised brow.

"What?" I asked, to which she shrugged. 

"Did you talk to Julian for her?" She questioned and I sighed.

"Yeah, he said he'd take her out" I answered, hoping to God he hadn't backed out of his word. 

Worse case scenario was that he told her about his liking towards me.

"She doesn't sound like a girl that went on a date with her crush" Regina stated and I frowned.

What had that idiot done.

A knock at the door caused Regina to slide off her stool and drag herself to answer it. She was full from the food we just ate, so it made her walk really slow. Causing the person on the other side to knock again. 

I moved from the kitchen to the living room in hopes of greeting Sudanae. However, imagine my shock when it was Kimberly Black at the door. In all her influencer glory.

She was in a long-sleeved black crop top, low waisted jeans and white air forces. She seemed to be going somewhere but knowing her, this was probably a regular outfit to her. She waved at me from the doorway and I awkwardly waved back before Regina invited her inside.