chapter 16

Eli was discharged from hospital after a few days but he was still In a hell of a lot of pain. He can move Now but it hurts. So he hasn't been at cobra kai or at work or school.Hes been laid up on the sofa for a while. He hates not working because they need money desperately and he needs to go to cobra kai to keep learning karate. Maybe one day his mom will be in this amount of pain because of him. See how she likes it.
Eli hasn't really been sleeping because of the pain. His painkillers haven't really been working.
Today he was on the sofa trying to get a nap.
" here take these" y/n handed him his painkillers and water.
He took them and drank the water.
" I need the bathroom" he said standing up like an old person. Usually y/n would have to help him walk there because of the agony he was in but he wants to try himself today. Y/n stayed close though.
As he was walking there the mum came downstairs going to the bathroom too. Eli opened the door but the mum pushed him away from the door and he wacked his back on the wall making him cry out in pain. That's the thing that hurt the most.
" OWWW" he cried out in pain.
" are you okay" y/n kneeled down too him.
" why can't she leave me alone" he cried standing up with the help of y/n.
" because shes a bitch" she replied taking him upstairs so he can use the bathroom up there and he can get into his comfy bed.
" well I need to learn more karate. I need to show no mercy on that bitch" his eyes darkened as he said that.
Y/n was stunned. Shes never heard eli talk like that. This was probably apart of his new persona but it did make her worry. She doesn't want him to be a dick.
Eli went to the bathroom and then y/n tucked him into bed.
" I'm sorry she keeps hurting you" she gave him a little kiss on the head.
" I'm just glad shes not hurting you I mean she has in the past and I never forgave myself for letting her" he said thinking about this one time. Y/n and eli were in a fort they made reading comic books and the mum came in drunk and violent.

Flashback
Eli was 9 and y/n was 4 and they used to make forts and hang out In them and sleep in them together.
Eli was reading y/n a bedtime story which was a comic book. She was placed on his lap and once they finished eli cuddled into her more.
" you know I'm always going to be here for you whether you like it or not" he said rocking the two side to side.
Y/n smiled and was about to respond but the mum came stumbling in there room.
Eli and y/n felt fear overtake there bodies.  Eli held y/n tighter so he can keep her safe.
" awww isn't this sweet" the mum slurred mockingly poking her head into the fort to see her frightened children.
" aww what's the matter? Is mommy not allowed in this stupid fort" she mocked.
The kids were too scared to respond and when she was ignored that just made her madder.
She grabbed y/n out of elis arms and threw her across the room. Luckily she didn't hit anything but y/n was still crying.
" hey" eli shouted angrily. He was trying to be brave for y/n but he was also crying too.
" hey what" the mum approached him while he fearfully backed away.
Before he could answer she booted eli in the stomach and threw the vodka bottle on his foot and kicked his leg so he landed on the floor in pain. Y/n saw the pained Expression on his face. It was awful. As he was on the floor he moved his foot very slowly across the floor near his other foot and clenched his teeth in pain while closing his eyes.
" and as for you" the mum approached y/n who tried to run but she grabbed her by the hair and bashed her head off the wall causing her to become unconscious.
"Y/n" eli tried to pull himself too her but the mum grabbed his head too and knocked him out and destroyed the fort they made making the table fall onto eli.

End of flashback
" eli it's not your fault. You always try and thats all you can do" she said holding his hand.
Eli smiled and looked like he was about to doze off.
" go to sleep. Get your strength back up" she smiled before kissing his head again as elis eyes closed.