chapter 20

They were at the canyon party. A lot of people arrived which surprised y/n. Aisha didn't strike her as popular but teenagers don't turn down parties I guess.
Y/n was sat with demetri while hawk was snogging moon. This really frustrated y/n. She literally bullied him and the minute he changes shes into him. Shes such a bitch.
" I can't believe him" y/n said angrily sipping her drink.
"I know how lucky he gets to kiss one of the popular girls" demetri said misunderstanding y/n.
" what no? That bitch bullied him and made him cry like a thousand times and hes making out with her. What a fucking idoit" y/n said angrily.
" yeah I know but maybe she isn't as bad as we think she is" demetri tried to assure y/n.
Y/n rolled her eyes. She definitely is as bad as they think she is. Shes a bitch and hawk is an idiot for thinking shes into him. It's only because he looks different now.
" yeah whatever" y/n said going to get another drink when hawk and moon came over to her.
" hey are you enjoying the party" eli asked.
" yeah its great watching your bully snog your face off. The girl that bullied you??? Real smooth hawk" y/n said angrily. She just hates bullies and she doesn't understand why hawk forgave her.
" look y/n you have every right to be mad at me. I was a bitch but I'm sorry. Truly and I hope we can be friends. I really like hawk" moon said sweetly.
Y/n scoffed and rolled her eyes.
" you are a bitch and I'd rather down a whole bottle of bleach than be your friend and also you like hawk not eli. You like him because of the mohawk not for who he truly is you two faced prick"she said storming away.
She sat back beside demetri who saw all of that. He understood she was just angry at how her brother gets treated In this world and she doesn't like to let that person get away with it besides mum who shes too scared to do anything about but with everyone else she'll quite happily beat the shit out of them.
" you really put her in her place" demetri smiled at y/n.
Y/n smiled back and demetri high fived her.
" demetri can I have a minute with y/n"hawk came over.
Demetri nodded and went away somewhere and hawk sat beside y/n who was sipping her drink.
" look I know you don't like the people that bullied me but she apologised. Not many bullies do and yes I'm glad you want to stick up for me but I like her and I want you to like her because your the most important person to me and I don't want there to be any bad blood between you and moon" eli said softly.
" your so stupid eli. She doesn't actually like you. She hated you before the mohawk and the tattoos so why would she suddenly like you now? She doesn't so wake up and see that" y/n tried to storm away again but hawk held her back.
"Hey what is with you today? First of all you were acting weird and quiet at the park earlier now your angry and shouting. What's wrong?" He asked concerned.
Y/n face softened. She was worried eli was going to change into an asshole. Firstly he was talking like hes never spoke before at the park earlier like he wanted to hurt people now hes snogging a popular girl which only assholes do in y/n eyes.
" its just I don't want you to change. I want you to be confident and happy and I'm glad you are now but sometimes people get overly confident because of popularity and stuff and that makes them an asshole and I don't want you to be like that" she explained with her head down.
Hawk face softened into a eli look. He knows hes been changing and for the most part its been for the better but he didn't realise y/n had all these concerns about it.
" y/n you don't have to worry I'm not going to become kyler or anything. I'm probably not going to be popular either. I'm just going to be more confident and hopefully I can be happy one day but that's hard considering our home life I mean I'm always working and tired and I always have so much to worry about but I promise I'll try and stay the same and I promise I'll always be your brother whether you like it or not" he smiled putting his arm around her and giving her a little kiss to the forehead.
" okay good" y/n smiled.
" do you want to visit grandma tomorrow before the all valley" he asked. They both love visiting there grandma. Its getting tougher though considering she has dementia and eli never really has time so he never gets to go so shes probably forgot about him which kills eli because he loves her so much and even if she did remember him she probably wont recognize him because of the mohawk.
" yeah" y/n smiled. It was one of her favourite things to do. She goes a lot while elis at work because she hates being alone at home especially when moms home.
" alright we'll go in the morning" eli said sipping his drink and smiling down at y/n.