Chapter Thirteen-Edited

Kara flung herself onto her bed, trying to get the broken look Steve had given her out of her head

Kara flung herself onto her bed, trying to get the broken look Steve had given her out of her head. He wouldn't put her down even after her ankle had healed enough to walk.

He kept asking her if she was okay when she'd shifted—attempting to get down. She hated the way the other soldiers had looked at her. She wasn't exactly a damsel in distress yet everyone was looking at her like she was. Despite that, it had been nice to be held against his chest.

She buried her face into her pillow, groaning. She wasn't supposed to let her little crush go any further than just that. Kara pressed the pillow over her face as she rolled over to her back. Why was keeping him at arms length so hard?

Kara sat up, pulling her knees to her chest. Peggy would be coming to find her any minute as she'd ducked out on a scolding from her by slipping into the crowd of soldiers.

"You are more reckless than Kara!" Her accent shouted before the flap of her tent snapped open and a very annoyed Britt stepped in. She could hear Steve laugh in the background.

"Ты можешь кричать на меня завтра?" Kara muttered, leaning her chin against her knees. Peggy scoffed and took a seat at the end of her bed. (Can you yell at me tomorrow)

"Я не собирался кричать на тебя в первую очередь," she responded pulling the blades out of her boots. Kara hugged her legs to her chest, fiddling with the laces of her boots. (I wasn't going to yell at you in the first place)

"Then what do you want? I want to sleep," she sighed rubbing her hands over her face. They came away covered in blood and dirt making her wince at what it was doing to her skin.

"They want you in London tomorrow morning with Steve and the 107th. The soldiers are getting leave."

"Do they not realize I haven't slept in a solid 83 hours?" She grabbed the file Peggy had in her hands and set it down beside her bed. She promised herself she would look at it later. Peggy offered her a sympathetic look.

"The SSR doesn't really care, dear." She brushed through Kara's hair with her fingers in an attempt to detangle it. "They are setting up a team to go head to head against HYDRA."

Kara snorted before wincing as she felt a cut on her cheek finally seal up. Exhaustion had slowed down the healing process and she could only now feel her skin stitching itself back together.

"Great, I'm guessing they want me in it?"

Peggy nodded, her brown eyes focusing on the slight scar the slice had left behind. "I'm sure he will. He's in love with you, you know?"