Chapter Eighteen-Edited

The Howling Commandos all looked to Kara for a signal after motioning they were ready

The Howling Commandos all looked to Kara for a signal after motioning they were ready. She held up a fist, continuing to watch the interaction between Steve and Schmidt. Her feet slipped on the smoothly weathered stone as emotion came flowing out of the room.

Steve had devised a half-assessed plan that had the team on edge. After losing Bucky—as much as they denied it—they lost trust in him. Kara could feel nerves flowing through each of them.

She scanned the windows, inching closer, in search of the weakest point. Her fingers easily showed the group to follow the line of windows she was going to break through. If she hit the right spot it would make the whole line easier to shatter.

Red Skull yanked a gun out and she flicked her wrist twice before leaping off the side of the building and crashing through a window. The team followed her, everyone landing in a messy roll and popping up beside Steve, guns already drawn. Dum Dum tossed the shield to the front as Kara sliced through the ropes binding Steve's wrists and ankles.

She scoffed. "At least they tied it over your clothing instead of on skin. This was reckless as hell and very half-assed, I hope you know that." She arched a brow, scooping the shield up and holding it out to him. He only grinned, tightened the straps around his forearm and bolted for the door.

Kara made a noise of complaint and sprinted after him, following the line of almost knocked out agents right to the blond.

Steve had his shield up against a stream of bullets; Kara slid under him, pulling a venom poison out of her belt and breaking it open like a grenade. It was the only one she had.

She dragged her shirt up over her nose, taking a deep breath before she rolled into the mist with a slew of daggers flying towards the agents throats. When the smoke cleared, she dropped the shirt and looked around at the six bloody HYDRA agents.

"You're amazing," Steve stated, dropping the shield to his side and jogging through the now open pathway. Kara felt a blush crawl up her face as she chased after him.

It was interesting to say the least, watching the waves of agents do a double take at the two of them. There was a few that spat an alias at her like a slur but she only smiled, put a bullet between their eyes, and kept running. She'd earned the title Viper and she was damn well keeping it.

Chaos erupted around them when the Allied forces arrived and bullets started flying everywhere. Kara thought she'd seen Peggy somewhere in the midst but was quickly preoccupied with an agent that popped up in front of her.

She jumped back, avoiding the knife he swung towards her. Her spare hand waved Steve forward as best she could in the middle of a fight. The agent swung the blade for her throat and she ducked under it. Kara swung a fist into his sternum roughly.