Chapter Twelve-Edited

Kara ducked back behind a wall, clicking the safety off on her gun

Kara ducked back behind a wall, clicking the safety off on her gun. She tilted her head back against the concrete and let out a slow breath. All she needed was to get through the facility without causing panic.

She was sure Steve would cause enough on his own.

The two HYDRA soldiers walked passed her without a thought. Kara held her breath until they rounded the corner. She could barely here herself think as she crept down the hallway.

There were a number of rooms on either side, each door was locked, and one near the end that hung open. Kara stepped into the room silently deftly scanning every corner.

A man was strapped to the table, muttering incoherently under his breath.

"Oh god," she muttered, tucking her gun back into her belt.

He looked like he'd been through hell. There were needle marks on his arms—that were strapped to the table along with his legs—and a dazed look on his face.

Kara snapped the restraints off his ankles easily before moving towards his head. "Hey, are you okay?" She asked, working at the cuff on his wrist.

The man blinked slowly at her, a frown crossing his face. "Who are you?"

She chuckled under her breath and swiped the end of his dog tags off his chest. A small smile painted across her lips. She ripped the cuff apart as she looked up at him.

"A friend of a friend," Kara answered lowly. "Can you stand?"

James Barnes nodded blearily as her shoulders tensed. In an instant, Kara had pushed him back onto the table and whipped a knife towards the door.

Steve barely had a enough time to duck before it would have drove into his head.

"Jesus!" She grumbled, letting Barnes back up. "You know, we were given communicators for a reason, right?"

"Bucky?" Steve asked, stunned. Kara scoffed and gestured towards the other side of the table. He let out a breath and rushed forward. "How did you find him?"

Kara carefully pulled Bucky's arm over her shoulders as he slid off the table. "I walked into the only open room." She shrugged.

Bucky looked the blond man up and down. His face scrunched up in confusion before he glanced over at Kara. "Steve?" He muttered.

Steve pulled his friend's other arm over his shoulders loosely. "Yeah, Buck, it's me."

"I thought you were smaller."