One

I rolled my eyes, pulling my phone up to my ear and holding it in place with my shoulder.

"What do you want Sterling?" 

"Oh well hello to you too." I couldn't help the smile on my face. "Someone's being a bitch today." 

"Why do you only ever call me when I'm busy?" I moved the books in my hands, trying to hold them all without dropping them and having all eyes on me. 

"You're busy? With what?"

"Book shop." 

"Of course you are. Which one?" 

"Why does it matter which one? I'm in a bookstore with 5 massive books in my arms." 

"Because I can't come take the books out of your arms if I don't know where you are?" 

"Wait, you're in town?" I moved back against the wall, keeping my voice as low as possible as people moved around me. "I thought you were over in Paris or somewhere?" 

"Got back early." 

"Awww and you came to see little old me?" 

"Which book shop Freya?" 

"Oh who's getting bitchy now?" I chuckled. "The little one down the south end of campus." 

"Okay I'll be 5 minutes." The phone line went dead and I rolled my eyes again, moving my phone away from my ear and pushing it into my pocket with great difficulty. 

It was still kind of weird to me, not seeing him everyday like we did back in school. Boarding school wasn't as bad as my siblings had made it out to be. Not with our friendship group. I almost hated coming home more than I did going back there term after term. At least with there I didn't have to fake who I was like I did now. 

'No one can know who you are' 

I know dad 

'If they find out, you finish the degree from home.'

I don't think so. Not if I can help it. 2 years of never leaving the same 4 wall. I at least have some freedom out here. Coffee, shopping. No friends. But some kind of freedom. I guess. 

I slowly slid the books down onto the counter, watching as the lady scanned them all in. 

"Did you miss me then?" He whispered in my ear, startling me. I turned around and whacked his arm, quickly turning back and putting my card in the reader. 

"Not even for a second." I smirked. 

"Bull." 

"That's a male cow." I nodded, lifting my head and smiling at him. "Of course I missed you. How was travelling?" 

"Boring. I don't think I've ever shook so many hands in my life." He took the books from the side as I grabbed the receipt and thanked her. I reached to pull some from his hands but he refused as always. "Don't think so princess." I rolled my eyes again and he chuckled, letting me lead the way out of the shop. "Where'd you park today?"

"What makes you think I drove myself?" 

"Because you aren't allowed a driver when you're at school and I can see your car keys in your pocket." He smirked. 

"Checking me out I see?" 

"In your dreams sweetheart." 

"You dream that I dream about you Steel." 

"Fucking Steel." He chuckled. "Have you spoken to any of them?" 

"Not really. Kels messaged like 2 weeks ago asking if my dad was doing my annual ball." I put my finger by my mouth, pretending to gag.