Seventeen

I groaned, pulling my phone off the night stand, opening a single eye very slightly to see who was calling me this early. Evan's arms were wrapped over my waist as he slept up against my back. 

The date had been so much fun, we lost track of time. I don't think we got back here until about 2am. A little tipsy, voices croaky from laughing under the Eifel tower. 

"Hello?" I whispered into the phone, turning the volume down so I didn't wake up the sleeping boy behind me. I put my hand gently on Evan's arm, trying to lift him so I could get out. It didn't work. He just groaned and pulled me closer, holding me tight and nuzzling his face into my hair. 

"WHERE ARE YOU? YOU WERE-" 

"Shh. Steel. Quiet."

"Fucking quiet. I swear to god Freya. Where are you? You were supposed to call me when you get home." 

"I'm still here." 

"Still in Paris? Are you mental? Where? I'll come get you." 

"You don't have to. I'm fine." 

"Freya-" 

"I had a date last night." Evan kissed my neck, the sleepiest giggle I've ever hear rippling against my skin. 

"YOU HAD A WHAT?" 

"Sterling." I rolled my eyes. "Chill." 

"No I won't fucking chill. Why are you so- OH MY GOD YOU SLEPT WITH HIM?" 

"What do you mistake me for boy? I don't sleep with people after the first date." 

"I mean we slept together." Evan murmured into me and I slapped his arm. "OW." 

"Serves you right." 

"You're with him now?" Steel groaned. "My god you really have lost you're mind. I'm coming up." 

"No you're not. It's fine. I'm fine. I'm great. Don't you dare drive up here. I'll ignore you and turn my phone off so you can't track me." 

"Don't you fucking dare." 

"Then don't make me Stirling. Why are you freaking out?" 

"Why aren't you?" 

"Because I don't feel like I need to. Isn't this what you were pushing for anyway?" 

"I mean sure, when he didn't know. How do you know he's not just using you now Fay?" 

"Using me for what exactly?" Evan burried into my neck, shaking his head. 

"I'm not." I put my hand on him, telling him I knew he wasn't. 

"I don't know, sell stories to the papers, popularity points. I could go on." 

"He has to tell people for any of those things." 

"And what if he tells?" 

"Then I have the assassin take him out." I rolled my eyes and he pulled me closer. "I'll get his balls mounted above my fireplace as a warning to anyone else who dare cross me." He chuckled against me. "Don't laugh. I'll do it. You don't know me." 

"I know you would." 

"HELLO. FAY. BEST FRIEND HERE." 

"Drama king. Your panties are in a twist. Chill the fuck out." 

"Fay-" He sighed and I could see him rolling his eyes. 

"Sterling." I mimicked his tone of voice. "It's fine. Everything is fine. Did you see my text?"