Nine

"I'm not coming out to see you Steel. That's like a 4 hour drive. I'm here for a week." I walked back into the hotel slowly. 

I love Paris in winter almost as much as summer. Something about the cold air and 3 layers of clothes as you drink a glass of wine and watch the Eiffel tower from a distance. It fascinated me. 

"I'd do it for you." 

"Then you come see me. I've got class stuff whilst I'm here. It's not like I'm only here for fun. If I was I'd extend my stay and come see you. You know I would." I stopped in the lobby, just looking around at this tiny hotel the school had booked us into. It was fully booked which I wasn't expecting and was quite relieved to hear. 

"I've got work." He moaned and I rolled my eyes as I approached the stairs. 

"See even if I came to see you, it's not like I'd actually be seeing you is it? You'd be working. There's not point."

"AWWW." 

"God you're acting like a child." I furrowed my brow as I looked at the stairs. "Hold on Steel." I put the phone on mute. "Evan?" He looked up, pulling his hands out of his hair and shooting me a sloppy smile. 

"Hi Fay." 

"Why are you sat on the stairs looking depressed?" 

"Because I have a problem I can't fix." 

"What problem?" I took a few steps forward and unfastened my coat as I looked down at him. 

"My room mate has decided now id the perfect time to get on with another girl in our room so I am bedless for the night. The hotel's fully booked and no one else is answering their doors or phones. I guess I'm just going to sleep in the lobby." There was a slight chuckle in his voice and I sighed. I looked at my phone. 

"Sterling. I'll speak to you tomorrow. I have to sort something here." 

"Something wrong with your green eyed crush?" 

"Stop it. But yeah there is. I'm not coming to see you. I'll call you when I get a chance. Bye."

I hung up, walking over to the receptionist. I fluttered my eyelashes, praying he could find just one spare bed for the night. He checked again, looking to see if anyone had checked out early or had cancelled their stay last minute. I think my perfect French really made the difference in getting him to try from me. 

"Nothing." I sighed. "Sorry Madam." 

"No worries." I pushed back from the desk and ran my hand through my hair as I walked back to him. "Come on." 

"What did they find one?" 

"Yeah. There's a sofa bed in my room." 

"Fay I ca-" 

"It's either that or the lobby. You choose but do it now because I'm a little tipsy from the wine and I'm exhausted." I was halfway up the stairs, looking down on him as he stood at the bottom. 

"Okay." I gave him a nod, turning and walking up the stairs. 5 flights and he was panting behind me. 

"Aren't you a sports star? How are you out of breathe this easy?" 

"How are you not?" 

"There's a lot of stairs at home." I shrugged as I unlocked my door and walked in, flicking the lights on. "I think there is some spare sheets in the cupboard above the wardrobe. I'm just going to change." I pulled my pyjamas from the bedside table and hung my coat up behind the door. "Do not go snooping around or you'll be in the lobby."