Six

"I found him." Sterling whispered in my ear and my smiled dropped from my face. The whole group watching us. "Come dance." I looked at Kelsie and the other girls. 

"Save me." They shook their head, smiling. "Please." I begged as one of them tried to take my glass. I shot it back before handing it over, swallowing as Sterling pulled me to the dance floor, the group laughing in the back ground. "You work quick." I looked at him as he wrapped one arm around my back, taking the other to hold my hand carefully.

"I really want you two to talk." 

"Why?" 

"Because you obviously have the start of a crush and you can't turn that into marriage proposal without talking to him." 

"Are you that fucking desperate to not marry me?" I chuckled, mouth slightly open. 

"I'd marry you in a heartbeat princess." He smirked. "But maybe you having another guy will force me to lower my standards a little." 

"Slow down cowboy. Almost sounded like you're the one with a crush there." He smirked slightly. 

"Marrying you wouldn't be the worst decision I ever make. Passing you off to some shitty guy would be." I furrowed my brow. "I do love you Fay but not like that. You're my best friend. Like my soulmate but a friend version. And they say you should marry your best friend right?" 

"Yeah but I think they mean that in like a best friend that you also end up having sex with kind of thing." He threw his head back laughing as we danced. "I don't want to marry you if we can avoid it that'd be great." 

"Me neither. So you're going to talk to him." 

"Him? Of all people?" I groaned and put my head on his chest. "Why don't I just go talk to my ex. Probably less fucking drama there." 

"I mean I'm sure Bash is here some-" 

"Don't even say that." I stood up and looked around which made him laugh again. "I swear to god. Have you seen him?" 

"Since football training 3 days ago? No." I snarled and he giggled. "He misses you too. So you still have that option." 

"I can not think of anything worse." I gagged. "Literally the exact guy I'm avoiding." 

"Me?" 

"Yes. Exactly like you. A guy who can't commit." He rolled his eyes as the song stopped, bowing like all the other gentlemen who had no idea who they were dancing with. 

"I've not spoken to him." 

"To Bash?" 

"To Evan." I looked at him as he put his hands on my shoulders. "He doesn't know who you are. Anything you say here is just from a random girl he met at a party one time. He never has to even know you are you. Make up a name. He doesn't know your real one anyways." He spun me around and pushed me forward with some force until I tripped into the guy in front of me. 

"I'm so sorry." I put my hand on his shoulder, turning around to Starling. "You're so rude." He smirked and waved as he turned around, leaving me. 

"Oh no don't worry." Evan looked behind me at Sterling then down at me. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah." I glanced behind me for a second. "Sorry. My friend is really insolent." 

"He pushed you?" 

"He did." I looked down at the gap between us, filled with my dress. 

"Why?" 

"Why'd he push me?"