Chapter 21

After the accident with Eric, Pedri took me back to the pitch with him.
I wanted to walk to my office until i heard Xavi shouting my name.
"Lucia wait!"
Xavi said while walking after me.
I frowned when i turned around.
"Would you like to stay here and watch the training?"
Why should he ask me that? I questioned myself.
"Uhm yeah sure but one thing, why do you ask?"
I said.
"Pedri said to me you didn't feel very well, he asked me if you could stay."
Xavi said when he turned with his head to the pitch, in Pedri's direction.
A smile appeared on my face.
Ofcourse he would ask that, i don't tell anyone when i'm not feeling well or if i'm uncomfortable, but Pedri always knew without me telling him.
Kinda impressive how he still knows after such a long time.
"Are you still there?"
Xavi said, waving his hand in front of me.
That was the moment i realized i got so lost in my thoughts, that i was staring at Pedri.
"Ye-yeah i'm sorry."
I said looking to Xavi instead of Pedri.
"And i would love to stay."
I said with a smile.
"Great, maybe you can take some pictures if you would like to?"
Xavi offered me politely.
"Yeah sure no problem."
I said.
Xavi smiled as respond and walked back to the pitch.
I settled myself with my camera on the bench, ready to shoot some nice pictures.

They split up in two team's, so they could practice against each other.
Gavi and Pedri were ofcourse in the same team.
Those guys are like brothers to each other, they can't do something for 5 minutes without each other.
It is pretty cute in my opinion.
I took my camera and started with shooting.
Ansu was running with the ball towards the goal from Pedri and Gavi's team, but Pedri wasn't gonna let that happen.
When Ansu was ready to shoot the ball, Pedri threw his whole body in front of the ball. He succeeded because the ball stopped, but Pedri kept sliding until he reached the goal.
His body slammed into the goal at full speed.
When i saw he stayed on the ground and didn't moved, i knew it was bad.
I runned on the pitch to go help him.
The whole team were standing around him, trying to help him.
"Let me trough."
I said to the boys.
Pedri was laying with his face on the ground, holding his hand on his back.
"Pedri, you have to tell me where it hurts."
I said.
"My whole back, mostly my lower back."
He said while still being in pain.
"Do you think you can stand up?"
I asked Pedri.
"Ye-yeah i think so."
He said while trying to stand up.
I saw he was struggling with helping himself stand up, so i putted his arm around my shoulder so he could lean on me.
We slowly walked to my office, so i could take a look at it.
I closed the door when we were inside.
"Okay try to lay yourself on the table very carefully."
I said.
Pedri layed himself slowly on the table, while moaning from the pain.
"I'm gonna put pressure on ur back, it's important to say if i'm hurting you, okay?"
I said looking worried at Pedri.
"Yeah okay."
Pedri said.
His shirt was irritating to me, but i was not gonna ask him to put his shirt off. I know it was going to hurt to much.
At every place i putted my hands on, he flinched from the pain.
When i felt at every place, i knew he wasn't gonna be happy with the news i had for him.
"You can go off the table."
I said while helping him sit up again.
"So what is it?"
Pedri said with a worried face about what i was gonna tell him.
"I know you're not gonna like this, but your whole back is bruised very hard. Nothing is broken, but you have to rest at least for two weeks. Otherwise the pain will continue."
I said.
He putted his head in his hands when i told him the news.
"No,no,no i have to train."
Pedri said trying to walk to the door.
He barely could walk but Pedri has always been stubborn.
If he wanted something, he didn't care about the pain.
"Pedri wait!"
I yelled at him while he slowly walked to the pitch.
He didn't care and walked to Xavi.
I saw them talking, while Pedri didn't look that happy about the conversation.
After they were done, Pedri sat himself on the bench and Xavi walked in my direction.
"What can i do for you?"
I said with a smile.
"Look, with Pedri being injured for at least two week's, means he can't train or doing workouts. But you know how stubborn Pedri is, i don't trust him when he says he will give himself rest. It's very important that he takes the rest he needs. So my question was, could you keep a eye on Pedri? Distract him from training, keep him company when he can't play or train, go do some fun things he enjoys. I think it would be good for him to have some distraction from training. I can't ask one of the boys because they have to keep focusing on the training's and competitions."
Xavi explained.
I hesitated for a moment. But i know how stubborn Pedri can be, and i really want him to rest.
So why not?
"Yeah sure, i don't mind."
I said.
A smile appeared on Xavi's face.
"Thankyou very much Lucia."
Xavi said with a big smile.
"You're welcome."
I said.

I saw Xavi walking back to the pitch, and looked at my other side seeing Pedri sit alone on the bench.
He looked disappointed he couldn't play.
I sat myself on the bench next to him.
"Look i know your disappointed you can't play but believe me, it's for your own good."
I said putting my hand on his shoulder.
When he felt my hand, he looked at me instead at the ground.
"Mhm sure."
He said with a sad face.
"You need some distraction, what do you think if i keep you company for the next two weeks? So i can see if your back is getting better or worse, and at that way you have some distraction. What do you think?"
I said with a smile.
A little smile appeared on Pedri's face, showing his dimples.
"Nah your boring."
Pedri said with a little smirk and crossing his arms.
I slapped him on his arm.
"Excuse me?! Okay fine i take that as a challenge, i will show you in this two weeks that i'm everything else than boring."
I said with a smirk on my face.
Pedri looked at me.
"Deal."

————————————————————————

Hey peopleeee
Let me know what you think of the chapter :))

Xxx🫶🏻