And you were in my future ♪

Pieces of past ✿

Third Person's POV

"Are you related to Kim Yeri?" Mr. Jeon asked Taehyung after studying him for a while. As soon as Tae heard the name Jaehyun mentioned, he froze on spot, which didn't go unnoticed by Jaehyun.
Taehyung took a moment to register the question and finally sighed out loud and said "no".
Jaehyun noticed how Tae ignored eye contact with him for the first time while talking. Taehyung was someone who preferred to talk by looking directly into the person's eyes, even if some thinks it's disrespectful but to him it shows how confident he is.
"Taehyung right?" Jaehyun asked once and received a nod in return. "Here's your stuff sir, the bill is $20. Thank you" Taehyung said and Jaehyun noticed the hesitancy in his voice so he thought of asking the same thing once again, cuz he refuses to believe that the guy who's standing infront of him is not related to his childhood best friend cuz his eyes looks too similar to Yeri's, even the mole under his eye and that same void.
"Um Taehyung I'm sorry for pushing you too much but i still want to ask one last time that.....are you related to Yeri?" And Taehyung could tell that Jaehyun was really desperate to know this, but how could he risk his everything like this, if he answers this truthfully then God knows what will happen.
"Hey Taehyung, Yeri was someone close to me, close to my wife and I didn't get to bid her goodbye and um I think you look a lot like her son so....i just asked this question so if you're not related to her then I'm sorry for pushing you so much" Jaehyun was about to turn away after apologising but he heard "she's my mother" and that made his stop, he was too stunned to speak, he did think of the possibility but he didn't think that he's the son who went missing. Meanwhile, Tae didn't realise that he already revealed his identity but then somewhere he was hoping that this turns out in his favour rather than going against him.
"Y-you're really her son? Where have you been all these years?" Jaehyun asked, desperation evident in his voice. "I was in Daegu and Sir I would really appreciate if you keep my identity safe, I don't want my life to become a mess, again. I've had enough of those shits." Taehyung said and Jaehyun could tell that Tae really meant when he said  that he doesn't want his life to become a mess again, it was understandable, Jaehyun really understood what Tae meant, after all the whole country witnessed what had happened in the past, how everyone went against him but Jaehyun and Eun-ae always knew that the news was anything but true. So, without giving much thought to it Jaehyun evolved Tae in a tight hug, which did catch Tae offguard cuz honestly he didn't expect this reaction from Mr. Jeon.
"God! I can't believe you're actually Taehyung, do you remember me? We used to visit your house daily and you and Kook used to play a lot when you two were young" Jaehyun said, and Tae frowned at that. He doesn't have many good memories of his childhood, but he does remember his only friend from childhood, gguk who also left him for some unknown reasons.
"Uh I do remember some bits and pieces but I don't have a clear memory, I'm sorry" Taehyung said, still indulged in his own thoughts. "Oh no don't apologize, it's okay, I completely understand" Jaehyun gave him a small smile and then it striked him "oh.....so you're Yoongi's step brother as well" he said and Taehyung nodded at that.
"Sir please don't tell anyone that I'm uh a part of that family, I just came here bcz of my grandma and I really don't want any trouble" Taehyung said in a desperate tone.
Jaehyun gave him a reassuring smile and said "don't worry, you're my best friend's son, and you're like my son too, I would never do such thing and.....i won't tell anything to Jungkook as well, if that's what you're worried about" and to say that Tae felt relieved is an understatement and he just mumbled out a small "thank you".
Taehyung's coworker arrived right when the talk was over and Taehyung was glad that he could finally go home and sleep. "Hey, you can go home, I'll take over" his coworker, Miyun said with a small smile.

Jaehyun reluctantly offered Tae a way back home cuz he wasn't sure if Taehyung would be comfortable going with them but to his surprise Taehyung agreed, probably bcz he was really tired.
When Taehyung entered into Jaehyun's car Jungkook was really shocked. In Jaehyun's car only Jungkook and Jaehyun were there and the other 5 were in Yoongi's car.
"Hey, is your shift over? " Jungkook asked, cuz he really wanted to talk to the other and he was sure that Taehyung was not gonna reply back, but to his surprise Taehyung answered with a little "yes" and he noticed how Taehyung kept massaging his forehead so he figured that maybe he was having a headache. He was about to give him a massage but he gave it a thought and asked Tae "hey, um do you have a headache? Do you want me to give you a massage?" and Jungkook really hoped Taehyung would agree to this but well luck was not in his favour. "No need" Taehyung said, his voice deeper than usual, maybe because he was really tired and sleepy but the rejection made Jungkook pout a little. Jungkook always thought he was extra, he always suffocates people and that's why he has learnt to maintain a healthy distance from people other than the ones who doesn't mind his other childish personality. Even if Jungkook seemed to he a confident and egoistic person but deep down his insecurities were bigger than what it seemed to be.
Taehyung noticed the small pout on his lips and he figured that the other must've misunderstood his no as a rejection so he decided to speak again. "I didn't say no to you because I don't need your help, I said no cuz I knew I would've fall asleep if you give me a head massage." He explained and Jungkook looked at Tae with big round eyes and said "oh....its okay, I'll carry you to your room don't worry." And Taehyung chuckled at that and Jungkook found himself lost for a second, cuz this was probably the first time Taehyung chuckled at him and he mentally praised himself for this progress.
"Taehyung, we're here" Jaehyun said and Taehyung thanked him politely and got out of the car, but before closing the door he looked at Jungkook who for some reason was curiously looking at the small apartment, specifically at Taehyung's apartment balcony, which was beautifully decorated with fairy lights and candles  and the younger seemed to be fascinated by that, which for some reason made Taehyung happy, he also felt relieved when he didn't see a bit of judgement in the younger's eyes.
"Would you like to come in? You seemed to really like those fairy lights" Taehyung asked Jungkook and he really wanted to come in as well but then he remembered that his friends were in his house, waiting for him so he didn't wanna make them wait any longer.
"I'm sorry, others are waiting for us in our home, maybe next time? B-but can I get a picture of your balcony? It looks really pretty" and how could Taehyung say no to him when he asked like that "of course, go home safe, good night" and with that Taehyung ran into his apartment.

"I like this kid" Jungkook's father said as he started the engine and Jungkook just frowned at his father. "What do you mean, dad?" he asked and Jaehyun almost immediately replied "I mean I like this kid, I feel he's your potential boyfriend and also just to let you know, if you ever hurt him I won't hesitate to break your limbs" Jaehyun said with the creepiest smile possible and Jungkook just snorted at him loudly "you're going to a direction which doesn't have a destination dad. Potential bf?really? He don't even talk to me properly and bf my hell" Jungkook mumbled, the pout back on his lips. "We'll see about that, but trust me when I say I see a future where you two are together" Jaehyun said with a shrug and received a "yeah yeah, you should've become an astrologer then, what are you doing in business field..." and this made him chuckle.

____

This is Taehyung's balcony