Chapter 20

"It's just that, the moment I found someone I loved for the first time, she turns out to be my half-sister." My eyes widen.

"What do you mean?"I asked

"I thought avoiding you was the answer. I just couldn't accept it." accept what?

 "I love you Elizabeth, but we're half-sisters and brothers." It is not like Marco to say such things; maybe it's because of the shock. It's the same for me, just when I found someone I loved he turned out to be my brother. I frowned. He stood up and stretched his arms.

"Hahahahahah!! It's too good to be true anyway, for a guy like me to fall in love." He doesn't seem to be effected by it anymore. He smiled at me. I know it hurts to admit it but I have no choice but accept it.

It hurts to know that I fell in love with a man who turned out to be my brother. I sigh.

"So who's older?" I forced a smile.

"Me of course, I turned sixteen last month, you just had your birthday days ago." He smiled.

"Oh. So you're my older brother." I lowered my head. I still cannot believe the fact that he is my brother.  He sat beside me, and held my hands. I wish I can frizz this moment and enjoy it forever. A tear run down on my face. I was about to stand up when he said.

"Just a little bit longer." He is not making eye contact with me. I held his hand and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Wow, you're my little sister." He spooked, shattering the awkward silence.

"Yeah, I wish I wasn't" the words slipped out from my mouth. I blushed.

"Me too." He murmured then he lets out a big sigh.

"Let's go back to the classroom." I said while standing up. I need a change in scenery.

I jumped down from the rooftop for a detour. He followed shortly.

After a few hours of serving some customers and putting up a ridiculously convincing smile, it is the end of Day 2 of our Cultural Festival. Everyone is gathering at the ground to celebrate it.  I thought it would be boring. It's not my thing anyway. I made my way to the rooftop to enjoy the view. When I heard a Marco voice, he seems to be talking to someone. I was about to go back when I heard he was talking to a girl, quite casually.