Chapter 10

I would have been a vampire all my life until this very day. Why did I become a vampire when I turned 16?

I was simulating that question on my mind when I regained my senses upon hearing the bell.

 “Princesssss Elizabeth let’ssss have lunch together.” Lamia offered.

“Eli, please.” I gestured her to call me by that name. “and I would love to Lamia” I added. She smiled at me brightly but there was disturbance in her smile. Like there was something, she found utterly disturbing.

“Pleassse call me Lailah, Eli. I don’t like my name. It remindssssh me of the passsst” she frowned.

“Yes of course Lailah.” I smiled at her. I understand. I’m curious about Lam---Lailah’s past but it would be best not to ask her right now.

“Uhh… Can I go to the library firssssht? I’m going to get Hanako.”

“I’ll come with you.” I replied. With that, we made our way to the library on the second floor.

In the library, we found Hanako drowning herself with books.

“Hey Hanako, what are you reading?” I sat beside her and took a glimpse of the book that she is currently reading. I saw a picture or a painting of Yusuke High.

There’s a boy and a girl holding hands wearing classic clothes. The girl’s face caught my attention.

“Hey look at this you guys. This girl looks identical to Eli but the boys face, look at it. ” She said as she points at the boy.

“The boy’sssh facsse hasssh been ssscratched. I can’t even tell what he lookssss like.” Lailah said.

I was intrigued by this book. Looks like it’s a yearbook on the year…1789?! How old is this school?

“Maybe your ancestor schooled here in the past.” Hanako explain.

“Let’s just eat our lunch. I’m hungry.” Hanako added.

“Then where ssshall we eat?” Lailah asked.

“I heard the rooftop has a nice view of the whole school.” I suggested

“Then the rooftop we shall go.” Hanako said cheerfully while returning the book to its shelf.

 I was about to exit the library when a book caught my attention.

“What are you waiting for Eli? Let’s go I’m hungry” Hanako wined like an elementary pupil. That’s one of her best assets. She’s just too cute!

“Coming!” I ran out from the library but before that I held on to the book I saw, I put it in my bag. The book was entitled The Kingdom of Cartilizda.”