S I X T E E N

The cold stone beneath Kirey'a's toes sent shivers up her legs as she stepped closer to the cliffs edge. Fingers tugging at her new clothing as she watched the Ikran flap about in awe.

      The items Tayko had chosen for the girl, were less than ideal. Many pieces proper for war, and some wereeant to simply bedazzle the woman. Forest jewels appeasing to the eyes of outsiders.

      After cleaning up, Kirey'a's mother assisted her in removing the tight braids, leaving her hair twice the length and dressed in perfect curls. Her chest now wrapped with knitted war beads, white in color. Reaching around her back before curling up and over her breasts, crossing over to hug her neck.
    A refreshed, fringed loincloth hung, loosely tethered to her waist. Dark leather swirling around the skin of her tail, it's end braided into the tuff of hair with a navy blue feather-piece on display.
   Matching feathers draping from her ears. Navy colored leggings, similar to that of Neytiri's, clung to her hips. A flying headpiece rested atop her forehead to top it off.
   The whole ordeal made Kirey'a look absolutely breathtaking. Although she felt more weighed down than anything.

     She had returned her brethren's songcords to her mother, wanting to take precaution in the shortcoming of her return. Exchanging them for her own songcord to be placed around her neck and a guard for her forearm.

     Kirey'a clicked her tongue, resonating sounds that would be familiar to her own Ikran. As she awaited her arrival, Kirey'a took time to study her home, imprinting the image to her mind for she knew not when she would return.
     Her eyes traveled up the damp shadowy walls of High Camp, taking in the way the water droplets shimmered against the rising sun of an early morning. Flaring her nostrils to breath in the scent of dew and mineral. She sighed with bliss, her eyes closed as she felt the energetic pull of her home, as if it too did not want her to leave. 

     Soon, her thoughts slipped into Miles, and her past hopes of bringing him here one day. She remembered his tight lip smile, and the few moments he would widen it into something so much more mesmerizing. His golden eyes, and the way they glistened for only her. She could see his face, plain as day as if he were standing before her, picturing him just as he was-that same sly smirk and daring gaze.

    Opening her eyes, she peeked over the edge, making out the groups of Omatikayan warriors running their usual routine. She imagined what it might be like to see Miles among them, becoming as such for her. Maybe even stripping down to nothing but a loincloth. Yet that did not seem likely, for he had made his decision to stick by the sky people. Which she herself could not understand. Miles is Na'vi, how could he fight for a species he no longer belonged too?

      Kirey'a is knocked from her silent oasis by Meyhaia as she lands beside her. Chirping about in greeting with her head repeatedly rocking about, overjoyed to see her rider once again. Kirey'a ran a hand along the Ikrans snout, the other smoothing along its neck. She pressed her forehead against her, eyes closed as she breaths in her familiar scent before pulling away.

     Meeting halfway with their queues, the bond was created, sending shockwaves of excited bliss throughout the link. A small stain of confusion, accompanying with Kirey'a frowning in return. "I am sorry my friend, I missed you too." She expressed with a heavy sigh.

     Meyhaia purred in response, lightly nudging her snout against the rider's chest as if to nuzzle into her. Chuckling at the adorable notion, Kirey'a's eyes scanned over the creature, checking to assure that she was in proper shape before the long journey. Meyhaia's skin was unique amongst the clans, although every Ikran was that way. Hers, a sun kissed yellow with a warming orange pattern stretching to completely saturate the tips of her wings as if once submerged in fire. The end of her beak and tail to match.