S E V E N T E E N

Kirey'a hovered above the sleeping Kiri, holding the girl's hands in her own as her eyes overlooked the child. Neytiri had informed her of the seizure she had experienced beneath the waves. A sickness no one had ever heard of. Though, she would be okay, only sleeping it away now.

       Neytiri and Jake had welcomed Kirey'a into their home for the duration of her stay. She had been graciously accepted so by the Olo'eyktan, despite her nasty attitude at the start. Which she began to feel worse for as the day sped by.

       Rising to her feet, Kirey'a gently laid Kiri's hands back to her side. Approaching Neytiri who had already begun to unpack her things. Smoothing her hand along her upper back as the woman turned her head in acknowledgement.

      Receiving a smile, Kirey'a began rummaging through her things, pulling some out and placing items in her designated spot within the hut.
     "How are you, Kirey'a?" Neytiri's voice quietly spoke up, careful not to wake the sleeping beauty.

     "I am okay.... tired, but okay." She forcibly smiles, looking to her friend. Eyes not lingering very long before finding their way back to the garment fumbling between her fingers.

    "Of course, I know the flight here was hard." The older woman says, mind drifting back to the very day she too had been forced to make that same journey. 

    Neytiri pauses from folding, glancing at the back of her friend's curly hair before her gaze fell back to her own hands. "And my mother....is she okay?"
It hurt Neytiri to even ask the question. Knowing it would be better not to, things were already unpleasant. Though, she could not help herself, simply because she was still a child at heart, and she always would be her mothers.

      Kirey'a turns her head, the slight rise in her tone giving the worry away. Furrowing her brows, she nods. "Tsahik is strong." She assures, setting down the gear and gliding over to her friend. Kirey'a's hands smoothed along Neytiri's arms, attempting to comfort the woman who had done just that for her at times. Dipping her chin to sneak a peek into her lowered eyes. The concern giving way in every way she stood, from the trembling of her fingers wrapped around the cloth, to the clenching of her jaw beneath her cheeks. "Mo'at is strong, Neytiri." She repeats, urging her words to reach the stubborn woman's worrisome heart.

      As Neytiri went to speak, her lips remained shut at the petite sounds of footsteps filling the space. In turn, Kirey'a took notice of her friends shifted expression, her ears peeled back and gaze lifting to watch the archway from behind. Spinning around and stepping next to the mother, the two watched as little Tuk bounds through.

      Stopping in her tracks once her big eyes found Kirey'a. With a wide toothed smile painted across her cheeks, "It's true! You're here!" She's bursts, spreading her arms as she runs and leaps into the women's arms. Earning the smack of Neytiri's lips, gesturing to Kiri who briefly stirs in her slumber.

     "You're here." Tuk repeats with a whisper.

     Giggling at the silly girl, Kirey'a lightly tussled at Tuktiri's short braids. The girl's tiny hands, reaching up to grab hold of hers in attempt to stop her teasing act.
     "Hello, Tuk." Kirey'a gleamed in return, taking back her free hand and placing it beneath the child's bum for support.

      The remaining Sully siblings soon came bustling in, both carrying different smiles. Lastly, was Jake whose grin was intended for Neytiri. Beaming happily to his woman as he approaches her side. Arms snaking around her waist in a comforting embrace as the two watched their children greet the familiar Omatikayan.