part i. a small favour.

When Lalisa Manoban shows up at her door at 11 am in the morning, on the weekend, with her favourite pumpkin spiced pancakes and fresh doughnuts, she knows that the younger woman has a favour to ask of. By instinct, Park Chaeyoung lets out a sigh, unable to hide the disappointment as she reluctantly lets her in.

"Good morning, have I told you that you look gorgeous today, Rosie?" The younger girl greets her effervescently as she wraps her arms around her tightly, "... why don't you look happy to see me? I even brought you your favourite breakfast." 

Without waiting for a response, the younger woman welcomes herself in and goes straight to the kitchen, taking out the cutlery and preparing the takeout food she'd bought earlier. Park Chaeyoung's apartment had almost become a second home to her because of how often she was over.

"Firstly, it's because you're lying," Park Chaeyoung comments as she drags her feet to follow, "... because I've only just woken up since finishing up a client at 3 am last night and haven't showered." 

"Still, you woke up like a goddess," Lalisa Manoban comments, bringing the plates and heading to the dining room. 

"Secondly, you lying and coming here with edible bribes is concerning. I know you want something from me and I'm concerned," the older blonde responds as she takes out some orange juice from her fridge, filling two glasses before joining the young Thai woman, "... because today is my first and only day off in a month yet I know you're going to make me go outside."

"Hey!" Lalisa Manoban snaps, slightly offended at the connotations of her words, "... I'm being a good best friend and just want to make sure you're fed."

Park Chaeyoung chuckles, shaking her head before bringing the glass to her lips, "... what do you need?" 

"Well," Lalisa Manoban clears her throat, "... since you're offering, I may have a small favour to ask for." 

Letting out a sigh, Park Chaeyoung leans her back against the chair, thinking about how the last three favours went: firstly was looking after her cats for the week, which is somewhat fine except for the fact that she's severely allergic. secondly was the time she asked for her to go to a concert, only that it was literally the worst day ever because it was raining, parking was impossible, the toilet facilities were not clean and they were surrounded by a bunch of 14-year-old teens who were screaming their heads off. Third was the worst because after seeing her friend single for so long, she decided to set her up on a blind date. 

Her small favours had a history of being methods of indirect torture. 

"Well out with it then," she speaks as she begins eating some of the pancakes, the sudden sweetness against her tongue bringing her new happiness. 

"Well, you know that Bambam bought me tickets to the baseball game for tonight right?" She begins.

Park Chaeyoung hates the direction this is going already.

"It's a no, you know I can stand watching a bunch of men kicking a ball for hours," Park Chaeyoung instantly interrupts. 

"They don't kick it!" She quickly defends, furrowing her brows, "... they hit it with a bat!"

"Same thing," she quickly responds.

"Well Bambam is meant to come with me right and he's meant to fly back from Thailand this morning, but well... he got COVID-19. It'll be such a waste, they were really expensive, and you know I can't go to places alone..." Lalisa Manoban continues.

Park Chaeyoung sighs, "... Lisa... you know I hate these kinds of things, and maybe it's your time to practice your self-independent character development..."