part v. it's you.

Park Chaeyoung had the impression that he was well off, but nothing could prepare her for how out of place she felt when she showed up at his driveway to notice that the house he lived in was closer to a mansion, or even a castle, rather than a standard city home in Seoul. She'd learned from Lalisa Manoban that the national team was only beginning to be internationally recognized in the last year or so, hence she figured that while he was wealthy, she never thought he'd be this wealthy. Somehow, she feels insecure, especially when she gets out of her car to be greeted by two helpers who rush to her aid, with bright smiles on their faces.

"Are you Miss. Park?" One of the women inquires.

She nods, wondering whether it would've been less awkward if she just did a circle around the complex and just went out and pretend she'd gotten the wrong address.

"Come inside, Mr. Jeon finished training a little late, so he's taking a shower. But he told us to welcome you inside if you happened to come by early," the other lady explains as she leads the way, "... it's not often that he has guests, but I'm not surprised, you're really pretty Miss. Park."

Park Chaeyoung blushes, feeling embarrassed as she's led through the home, seeing how the entrance area alone half the size of her apartment was at least.

The ceilings were high, but even so, it was only two levels, though with the amount of height, it could've easily been renovated to be three or four floors. His home was spotless, furniture was bare and minimalist, yet clean. It was modern, and there was a lot of natural light coming in, despite the fact that it was almost sunset.

"Would you like tea or coffee? Or maybe sparkling water?" One of the ladies offers as she leads her to the kitchen, which was literally the size of her entire apartment, with an island as big as a king size bed and an entire coffee machine by one of the cabinets, "... Miss. Park?"

She blinks in awe before realizing that she's just zoned out, "... I'm fine, thank you."

"Are you sure?" One of the other ladies questions, "... Mr. Jeon gave us strict instructions to make you comfortable so—"

"A warm tea would be great," she requests, realizing that it might be more comfortable for them for her not to refuse, "... thank you."

The lady nods before excusing herself to what she assumes is another area of the kitchen that's out of sight. Meanwhile, the other helper leads her to the living room.

"Feel free to look around, Mr. Jeon will come when he's ready," she informs her before rushing out.

Park Chaeyoung remembers being impressed by his cooking skills earlier in the week, but it's not surprising when he has a kitchen like that.

She feels embarrassed.

Moments later, her tea comes, just in time as Jeon Jungkook comes down the staircase with half-wet hair and a white shirt and grey tracksuit pants.

She admits, he looks dreamy.

A part of her feels a little less out of place, since he was dressed in casualwear too. He'd told her to dress comfortably, so she only had worn jeans and a white shirt.

"Chaeyoung," he has a wide grin on his face, "... sorry, did you wait long?"

"I just arrived," she smiles, "... you didn't tell me that you were like the emperor of Seoul or something."

He chuckles, "... are you hungry? I hope it's okay that I ordered takeout, I asked our chef to leave early so I could cook for you but—my training went overtime."

"That's more than okay," she smiles at him.

-

Jeon Jungkook thinks that everything just feels right.

He knows it was still early, but his mind was already made up about her.

How could he not fall for her when she was sitting on a picnic table on the patio with such a tender smile across her lips, watching as the sun sets. He thinks that perhaps God too, wanted them together, because of how perfect the hues of pink and red of the sky was as the sun begins to set.

There's a final honey chicken left in the takeout box between them and he nudges at her to take it, "... it's all yours."

But she surprises him.

Park Chaeyoung picks it up and brings it to her lips slowly, in his mind almost erotically and teasingly (although he knows it's totally innocent) before she brings it up to him, gesturing for him to let her feed him.

His cheeks flushed red but he happily accepts it.

Jeon Jungkook believes that she's one of a kind.

"I didn't take you to be the type to be so shy, you seemed like such a player," she challenges him, "... cute."

"Mhmm," he murmurs before leaning in, closing the space between them, seeing the way her eyes widen in surprise, "... handsome. You should say handsome because the cute one is you. That's your job, Chaeyoung."

He quickly pulls away, a somewhat satisfied smirk across his lips when he notices that she was clearly surprised (in a good way) about the gesture. Holding his hand out, he helps her get up before showing her around the backyard.

"And this is my favourite," he shows her the large baseball area, green grass netted, "... should I teach you?"

She knows he's teasing.

"I'd hope not," she expresses her dismissal, but reluctantly gives in, "... fine, just for a bit."

He watches as she picks up the bat, before turning to him.

There was something majestic about the way her face, hair and aura seemed against the sunset.

"Teach me then," she demands cheekily, as she stands behind the tee stand "... want to see what all this hype is about."

He holds

He stands behind her, arms carefully hovering against hers as he whispers against her ear, "... don't think too much, you're shaking. You won't get hit, you're the one in control. Know where the ball is, but keep your eyes forward to where you want it to go."

He watches as she takes a deep breath.

She swings.

It misses.

"Here, let me help," his hands are against her arms, helping her to position, "... take it, easy darling, you're shaking."

"I know," she breathes out, "... I'm nervous."

"You shouldn't be, it's not someone throwing a ball at a million miles an hour. And it's just me—just have fun," he explains to her, hoping that it'll help.

"It's not that," she tells him.

"Mhmm?" He murmurs in confusion.

"It's you, you make me nervous."

It takes every cell in his body not to just drop the bat and spin her body around for a kiss, a real one.