part xi. don't fall for him.

Jeon Jungkook knows that he's moving a little fast but given that they were leaving for Europe the next day, he figured it would be fine to show him how serious he was about them. Besides, he too had already met her best friend Lalisa Manoban, so it would be fair to meet his coach, right?

It just so happened to be the anniversary of her parents' death, and the pair spent the morning visiting them at the graveyard. He stood from afar, wanting to give her enough distance, watching as she sat down and started speaking to them, sharing flowers before clasping her hands in a prayer.

Jeon Jungkook thought that the concept of a relationship was a burden but taking her to the cemetery and just being in her presence made him feel a sense of warmth that he'd never experienced before.

"Thank you for coming with me today," she tells him as they drive back to his home, "... I really appreciate it, I know you'd rather spend your day doing other things."

"You're wrong," he informs her, "... I want to spend my last day in Seoul doing things with you, things that are meaningful to you."

Jeon Jungkook invited Kim Namjoon to his home for lunch, and made clear instructions not to invite the full team.

He told them that having to meet so many people official might be overwhelming, and to slowly introduce them one by one.

To his surprise, as he came home to be greeted by the staff, his worst nightmare came true.

"Mr. Jeon, I thought you told us to prepare for three people? But your entire baseball team came."

-

Jeon Jungkook is glad that she's getting along with his friends, but he can't help but feel insecure as she sits across from Kim Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung was a new level of attractive, it was no wonder that he was such a fuckboy.

On the day that selections were being announced, hundreds of his fans came outside with posters to cheer him on.

Jeon Jungkook isn't blind, he knows that he's a relatively attractive man—but he knows he can't compete with Kim Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung individually brings the most money—unending sponsorships and partnership requests.

Every time there was a fan meet for the team, his fans would make up 89% of the room alone.

In fact, Jeon Jungkook wonders why he's playing baseball when clearly his craft was looking good and winning hearts.

But he can't steal the one heart that mattered.

"Chaeyoung, who do you think is the most attractive in the team? And you can't pick Jungkook," Jung Hoseok eggs on as they have their lunch.

Park Chaeyoung blushes as she looks to her boyfriend, seeing his jaw tense and eyebrows practically permanently furrowed.

"She's not going to answer that," he chimes in.

"Don't know why you like such a cranky guy," Kim Taehyung lets out a deep chuckle as he leans against the chair, almost like a king, holding out a glass of wine.

"It's probably Taehyung," Park Jimin chimes in.

Jeon Jungkook's eyes are wide at him, almost as though they're ready to pop out.

"What?" Park Jimin shrugs his shoulders, "... I mean, he's the one with the most endorsements and offers. Chaeyoung, did you know that this man has double the amount our entire team has combined? And that's only the jobs he accepts."

"Really?" Park Chaeyoung's astonishment shows in her voice, "... that's amazing."

Jeon Jungkook swears he's going to kill his team.

-

Kim Taehyung believes that Jeon Jungkook is too fun to tease.

When lunch is over, he rushes everyone to leave his home (which fails, because as per tradition, the group is sleeping over before the flight).

He decides to cause some trouble when Jeon Jungkook leaves his seat on the couch to use the bathroom, taking his place.

"So were you the late night date he had in Japan?" Kim Taehyung inquires, thinking that he could see the appeal in her as she blushes, nodding, "... we were wondering about whether it was true that he'd found you again in Japan—he was really upset when you didn't reply to his texts."

"Ah, I feel so bad looking back," he confesses nervously, "... I'm not really interested in dating, I guess—but somehow, I guess we fell for each other."

"It was love at first sight for him," Kim Taehyung reports, "... we wanted to know whether the day would come where he'd date someone."

"Is it true? That he'd never dated before?" She questions him curiously.

He nods.

Just then, he sees Jeon Jungkook coming by through his peripheral.

Kim Taehyung thinks that a jealous Jeon Jungkook is too cute.

Intentionally he leans in, "... Chaeyoung, would I suit a tattoo? Would you give me one?"

Park Chaeyoung gasps in excitement, "... would you be interested? I didn't want to say anything, but the moment I saw you, I couldn't help but think how much you'd suit a tattoo on your calf, or—maybe your arm?"

"What are you two talking about?" Jeon Jungkook questions, grumpily.

Ah, their maknae was too fun to tease.

-

Jeon Jungkook takes her home early, because he knows he has an early flight in the morning and she too has a lot to do with the studio that was being fixed.

She notices though that it's awfully silent between the two since lunch, and when some of the members asked to come, he grumpily said no.

"Are you okay?" She asks him as they stop as a red light, "... you've barely spoken."

She thinks that maybe like her, he was sad about leaving.

He simply nods, taking a deep breath in, "... just tired."

She decides not to push it.

When they get to the lobby, she thanks him and is about to exit, when he reaches his hand out to her, "... aren't you going to invite me in?"

She raises her brow, "... aren't you tired?"

To be honest, she can't read the expression on his face, and simply nods, "... come have some tea."

When they get inside, he surprises her, closing the door shut before hugging her tight.

"Jungkook?" She questions, but instinctively tightens her arms around him, "... are you okay?"

"Don't fall for him," he whispers.

"For who?" She questions in confusion.

"Taehyung," he responds, "... you're mine, and I won't let you go—even if it's Taehyung."

Realising why he had been in a bad mood, Park Chaeyoung believes that she has the cutest boyfriend in the world.