part ix. my girlfriend.

When Lalisa Manoban learns that her best friend in the entire world opened up about her traumas, she can't help but feel a slight pang of jealousy. In the years that they had been friends, not once had she been invited to the old loft that used to be her parent's workstation, and there he was, knowing her for barely a few months and already he was let into the deepest parts of her soul. 

Yet, when she sees the sense of peace evident on Park Chaeyoung's face, the jealousy quickly dissipates. 

Lalisa Manoban can see that Jeon Jungkook brings her peace, and as her best friend, that's all that she can ask for at the end of the day.

And as much as she is protective, she can't lie about the fact that she's super excited that her best friend is dating her favourite local baseball player.

"Do you feel better? After opening up to him?" She asks her curiously, "... how did he react?"

Park Chaeyoung has a sheepish smile across her face as she hides her cheeks with her palm, eyes slightly squinted from the smile she failed to hide, "... he said he's sure that mum and dad are looking at me with pride." 

"Awww, babe, you know that's true," Lalisa Manoban affirms leaning in and giving her a side hug, "... so, so proud. I promise you that." 

"Thank you Lisa, for being there for me... I know it wasn't easy, all these years," Park Chaeyoung looks up with a genuine expression across her face, "... I'm really thankful for you."

"Of course, you'd do the same for me," Lalisa Manoban smiles, "... and I'm glad that you've found someone that you can trust. Jungkook is a good guy." 

"He is, he's so dreamy isn't he?" She responds shyly, "... he's going to Europe in two days, but we're having our official date tomorrow."

"Date?" Lalisa Manoban inquires, "... has he asked you to be his girlfriend?" 

She shakes her head, "... not yet, but he told me to wear something that I feel pretty in and told me he wanted me to be his first girlfriend."

Lalisa Manoban can't help but squeal in happiness and excitement, "... okay, we need to go lingerie shopping!"

"Lisa! Not that!" Park Chaeyoung comments, playfully hitting her friend on the side of her shoulder. 

Lalisa Manoban giggles, sticking her tongue out, "... well he said something you feel pretty in, right."

-

Park Chaeyoung wonders if her feelings are justified, sitting nervously on the passenger seat of his car as he drives towards the pier. She can't help but think about how beautiful the sky is, knowing that within the next half an hour, it'll be even better with the sunset. 

"By the way," he brings up, his attention fully on the road, "... you look really pretty." 

Park Chaeyoung blushes, feeling embarrassed, but she can't help but turn to see his cheeks fully red too. 

"You look handsome as well, Jungkook," she responds, watching as his already shy smile lifts wider against his face, showing his dimples, "... have you already packed?"

He nods, "... the guys are all sleeping over tonight since my place is closest to the airport and its complete madness. Even the helpers look stressed having to deal with an entire baseball team."

Park Chaeyoung giggles, "... won't they be lonely when you're gone for the entire month?"

Just then, the car stops and she realises that they'd reached a red light.

He turns his attention to her briefly, "... I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about myself missing you for the entire month." 

Park Chaeyoung feels like her heart melts right then and there, and at any moment, he'll need to take her to the hospital.

It's silent for the next couple of moments as he continues to drive, before he finally speaks.

"And you? Won't you miss me too?" He questions.

She hums, "... I will."

 Jeon Jungkook parks at the beach, quickly rushing to open the door for her.

She wonders whether it's true, that he'd never had a girlfriend before. 

Just as she was about to close the door, her reached for her hand and intertwined it with his, "... is it okay?" 

Too shy to speak, she simply smiles with a nod. 

They walk through the pier, reaching a deck before sitting by the water, watching as the sun sets. 

"After these matches, it's likely that our team will get more popular," he informs her.

She nods, "... that's good, isn't it?" 

"And of course, there will be more public appearances, on television and stuff... interviews, you know the works," he continues, "... I want to know, if it'll be okay for me to say out loud that I have a beautiful girlfriend?" 

Park Chaeyoung turns to look at him, eyes widening in surprise.

She'd expected it, but also caught herself feeling a million emotions at once. 

"Can I? Call you my girlfriend? Will you be my girlfriend?"

Park Chaeyoung can't help but burst with happiness, "... I'd like to call you my boyfriend, too."