part iv. serious about her.

Park Chaeyoung never expected to fall for him.

Yet she did.

After the one perfect day with him in Japan, and consistent texting for the next week before he finally came back to Seoul, he'd become her new routine. They would video call in the morning as he got ready for training (and he purposely took the longer route in the car, and even stayed in the car park to talk a little bit more) and she'd go straight to sleep right after. He'd come to her apartment after his training and activities, and usually cook dinner (which she'd help with) or if she was staying behind the shop, he'd come over and bring some food to her and eat it with her between customers.

A little over a week later, Bambam returns to Seoul after his negative test, thus the pair decide to host in her apartment.

When Lalisa Manoban welcomes herself in (with the duplicate key she made herself :P), she's shocked to be greeted by the sight of her favorite South Korean football player laughing with her best friend. Her eyes watch at the pure bliss in her eyes, and the sound of a genuine laugh from her that she hadn't heard in a long time.

The two were pretty much deaf to their presence.

"Hellooooo?" She teases, which causes for Park Chaeyoung to turn in shock before rushing over and hugging her.

"Lisa, you're here!" She cheerfully greets before hugging her best friend's boyfriend too, "... how's isolation Bambam?"

The other gentleman chuckles before Park Chaeyoung turns around to Jeon Jungkook who was making his way to them, with a big bag of goodies (both from Japan and the jersey they'd requested).

"Jungkook, meet my best friends— Lisa, and her boyfriend Bambam," she tells them.

He politely shakes their hands, trying to keep a straight face as they awe in shock.

"I came bearing gifts. Well, they're technically all requested— I'm just the luggage holder," he jokes as he hands the bags to them.

Park Chaeyoung lets out a giggle, before pointing back at the kitchen, "... let's go back. Lisa, why don't you and Bambam just sit on the table, food's ready in a bit."

Meanwhile, Lalisa Manoban turns to her boyfriend, "... holy shit, I mean— I saw it with my own eyes at the game, but they're definitely going to be a thing. And he's so handsome in person, ugh! I'm jealous. My best friend is so popular."

"It's a rarity to see her so happy, don't you think?" Bambam comments as the pair walk to the dining room, "... almost like a couple on a honeymoon."

-

Jeon Jungkook is glad to finally meet her infamous friends, and it makes him feel better, being able to put faces to names. Moreso, he feels at ease knowing that such genuinely nice people were there to support her, especially since he knows he'll be leaving for the Netherlands for a match next month.

"Be honest Jungkook, did you always know you'd make it to the national team?" Bambam questions him curiously, "... Lisa and I knew, we've been following your career for a while, but you seemed so shocked when it was announced."

Jeon Jungkook chuckles, shaking his head, "... I genuinely think I was really lucky, because while I played well— I also grew up with the other boys and saw how well they performed day and out. I mean, I always thought I would get in... but definitely not so early on. I thought maybe within another 2-3 years."

"We're such big fans, by the way," Lalisa Manoban adds, "... you play with so much passion."

"Wish this one would feel the same," Jeon Jungkook quips before pointing to Park Chaeyoung, who was sitting beside him.