part ii. work of art.

Park Chaeyoung believes she needs to move apartments when she sees Lalisa Manoban sitting on her couch when she gets home from work. 

In the complete darkness.

For a split second, she literally thought she was two seconds away from dying. 

"Rosie!" Lalisa Manoban gets up and cheerfully greats her with a hug, "... how come you finished so late it's almost 4 am!" 

"A client wanted some additional work," she mutters, "... and also, why are you here? Do you not have your own apartment? I swear, at this rate you need to start paying for part of the mortgage, or at least the electricity bill."

Lalisa Manoban pouts, "... come on Rosie, you know I hate sleeping alone. Babam is still positive, he'll probably still be stuck in Thailand for a few weeks." 

Park Chaeyoung ignores her as she walks straight into the kitchen, washing her hands as she ties up her hair and gets herself a glass of wine, "... you want one?" 

Surprisingly, Lalisa Manoban shakes her head. 

"By the way," Lalisa Manoban gets up from the couch and follows her, "... did you ask him?"

"Ask who?" Park Chaeyoung looks deadpan at her.

"Jungkook," Lalisa Manoban, "... for another jersey, I want a matching one with Babam!" 

Park Chaeyoung turns her body and rests both her hands against her shoulder, "... you. are. insufferable. I swear to God Lisa—"

"Okay, okay fine!" Lalisa Manoban surrenders, "... have you at least replied to his text?" 

Park Chaeyoung shakes her head.

It had been a little over a week, and Jeon Jungkook had sent her a couple of texts. Nothing aggressive, just some harmless "So we're playing hard to get are we?" and "well, it's working >.<" which only makes her feel more guilty.

"By the way," Lalisa reaches for her phone and scrolls through a few news social media posts, "... Babam didn't believe me at first right when I told him what happened? But he said he saw your face on social media, someone posted you on twitter." 

Park Chaeyoung turns her head quickly and reaches her hand for the phone, eyes widening in horror. 

 "Lalisa Manoban I swear to God I'm going to kill you for making me go to that stupid soccer game!" She nags.

"It's baseball, babe," she corrects, "... and for what it's worth, isn't it good? Why do you need to act lowkey for the rest of your life anyway? Speaking of your life, Bambam's friend asked for a second date, he said you haven't replied to his calls or texts."

Park Chaeyoung turns her head, "... Lalisa Manoban, I swear you need to stop talking or you'll be sleeping on the floor tonight." 

Even so, the pair end up staying up will sunrise on the balcony, talking a little bit about Lalisa Manoban's plans on getting married sometime soon.

"I hope you too, find your true love someday Rosie." 

-

It's not often that Jeon Jungkook feels infatuated with anyone, let alone someone he doesn't know well. When they went back to training the next morning, his teammates wouldn't stop asking about the girl he'd pulled to the side (which was usually common practice when someone in his team wanted to get laid discreetly). 

Days passed and not a word was responded to and for a moment, he wondered whether he had gotten the wrong number. He feels embarrassed to say this, but for someone who was not technologically advanced, he did a little digging into her phone number and found a private account on Facebook and Instagram. He couldn't get her name from it, but the distinct blonde hair in her picture confirmed that it was her, although her face wasn't visible.