part xix. all of you.

Park Chaeyoung intentionally makes sure to finish work on time. 

She asks her staff to help with closing and rushes out as soon as the last client of the day is served. No last-minute revisions or bookings.

But the next few days that pass show her a side of him that she'd never seen before. 

It was as though the life in him had disappeared, and suddenly he was on autopilot. 

For all the months that she knew him, Jeon Jungkook was always strong, put together and charismatic. He was a real gentleman in everything that he did.

Yet right now, she could see that he was at his weakest. 

When she arrives at his home at 8 pm, she sees the living room empty. Her staff are still waiting in the kitchen.

"Where's Jungkook?" She asks the maids, as she puts down some fried chicken she'd ordered on her way to his home.

"He hasn't left his room since coming back from training," one of the maids reports, "... we're worried, but whenever we knocked on the door he said he wasn't hungry. He hasn't eaten."

Park Chaeyoung sighs as she puts down the chicken on the counter, "... I bought chicken, please share it among yourselves and you can be dismissed. I'll reheat the food if he feels hungry later. Thank you."

The staff give an apologetic smile before preparing the food, as Park Chaeyoung quickly walks to his room. She knocks, hearing him mumble something about how he wasn't hungry.

"It's me, can I come in?" She asks. 

He doesn't respond.

Park Chaeyoung opens the door, surprised to see his eyes glued to the television screen, a console in his fingers. He was wearing a headset, his eyes staring with focus at the animations. 

"Hmm, what did you do to my hot athlete boyfriend—I didn't know I ordered a cute gamer boy," she teases as she walks to him, standing behind him as she looks at the screen, her hands wrapped around his shoulder and neck as she kisses the top of his head, "... how long have you been playing?" 

Jeon Jungkook keeps his eyes on the television, but answers quietly, "... since training. I'll finish after one more game." 

"The staff are worried because you haven't eaten," she lets him know, "... how was training?" 

"I broke the net. Namjoon sent me home early because my batting was too aggressive," he responds honestly, "... I don't know—I just... don't want to think about it for a bit." 

"We don't need to talk about it," she tells him, knowing that there was no rush for him to make amends with his mother, especially since they'd been separated for so long.

When Jeon Jungkook dies in his game, he lets out a frustrated groan, causing her to giggle.

As he's about to turn off the console, his girlfriend puts his hand on the controller.

"It's okay, you can play more," she tells him, as she moves her body and crawls onto his lap, feeling the gaming chair wobble slightly.

She rests her head on his shoulder, her arms around his ribs and her legs severely cramped.

But she didn't care. 

"What? Can't kick ass when you have a cute girl sitting on you?" She teases, "... go play."

Jeon Jungkook is confused at first, but enjoys the feeling of her warms against his skin, feeling her breathing against his neck. 

He rubs her back with one hand while peppering kisses on her ear. 

"I'm sorry," he mumbles, "... you must be annoyed, and think I'm being childish."

Park Chaeyoung leans back, moving her arms onto his shoulder for support. 

"I'm surprised, but—it's okay, and you should take all the time you need—I love you, all of you. I want to be here and support you, however I can, not only when you're being a machine in the field, but even when you're feeling confused and broken. So how can I support you?" 

Jeon Jungkook gives a curt smile before leaning in and kissing her, a short peck on her lips.

"How did I get such a perfect girlfriend?"

She smiles at him, "... because you are a perfect boyfriend. Perfect people belong together, don't you know?"