part vii. what if i let you in?

By the time they were done, it was already really late. 

Park Chaeyoung had told him that she'd wanted to talk to him, properly. But he felt bad, seeing how evidently tired she was, and when he'd overheard the receptionists talking about how she'd been working non stop for the last week and taking way too many last-minute bookings, he figured he wouldn't push. She asked him whether he could stay back a bit and talk, but he told her that it was okay and that she should get some rest. 

When Jeon Jungkook gets a text from her, he thinks it's likely just a follow-up about the tattoo he'd gotten the previous night. 

His jaw practically drops when he realises that he's wrong.

[From: Chaeyoung] 
Free tomorrow night?

He doesn't waste a moment to respond.

[To: Chaeyoung] 
What time should I pick you up?

About a minute later, he gets a response.

[From: Chaeyoung]
You should play harder to get, aren't you a busy baseball player?  hahahaha
I was thinking I'd show off my cooking, meet me at my place at 7:30? 

[To: Chaeyoung] 
I was too excited, and I don't like to play games.
I'd say the same about you, you replied fast.

[From: Chaeyoung]
You play baseball and that's a game? 
I was too excited too.

Jeon Jungkook blushes, feeling his heart thumping. He wonders how someone could have such an instant effect on his mood?

[To: Chaeyoung]
Baseball is a sport, chaeyoung. You're lucky you're cute >.>

[From: Chaeyoung]
Yeah, yeah whatever helps you sleep at night :P

That day at practice, Kim Namjoon compliments him on his batting skills. 

Ah, maybe I should ask her to cheer me on before they head to Europe for the next matches.

-

Lalisa Manoban always tries to keep the month of November relatively free. 

As her best friend, she knows that November is a particularly difficult time for Park Chaeyoung, especially the week leading up to the anniversary of her parent's death. So when she gets a text from her at 6pm, asking for her to come over ASAP she practically stops midway through her dinner with her boyfriend and tells him that they need to go to her house instantly. He chuckles, already knowing that the bond between the two girls is greater than anything in the world.

When she gets there, the house is a mess (or at least, the closest to a mess she'd ever seen it). Groceries were still unpacked on the dining room table and kitchen cabinet, and Park Chaeyoung was nowhere to be seen. As Lalisa Manoban made her way through the home, she sees that the bedroom is a complete travesty.

Clothes were everywhere.

Park Chaeyoung looks up at her, a slight pout on her lips as she says.

"I have no clothes to wear and he's going to be here in an hour and a half, should I just call in sick?" She looks at her with desperate and pleading eyes. 

Lalisa Manoban can't help but chuckle, earning a disgruntled sound to resonate from her lips.

"Babe, you have enough clothes to open your own boutique," she quips, "... why don't you go back to the kitchen and have Bambam help, I'll sort out your outfit." 

Lalisa Manoban believes that this is the first time she'd ever seen her friend so worried about a man. 

-