part xvi. good luck kiss.

Park Chaeyoung is careful not to wake him, knowing he needs as much rest as possible for the biggest game of his life.

During the previous night, Jeon Jungkook expressed to her how this game was pretty much going to either make or break his international career and how much he'd been dreaming about this exact moment since he was a kid. She feels proud. Of course, she knows that their relationship is still considered relatively new, but Park Chaeyoung wants him to do well. She wishes to see him shine. 

She quickly puts on some jeans and a sweater before reaching for her phone and wallet. Checking her phone, she tracks Lisa Manoban and her boyfriend's flight to see that it was on time. One final look into the mirror, she checks the time before quietly tiptoeing to the bed, beside him as she gently taps on his shoulder.

"Babe, wake up. You should have breakfast with the boys, I'm going to the airport now," her voice is gentle, hearing him murmur in his half-asleep state.

She finds it cute.

Letting a soft chuckle depart from her lips, she begins turning on the lights, causing him to roll himself into a cacoon. 

"I'm going now, make sure to wake up or else Namjoon will get angry at me," she warns him, as he peers through the bedsheets.

Only that when she leans in to kiss him, he pulls her down into the bed, arms wrapped around her. 

The pair spend another twenty minutes cuddling until Kim Namjoon begins aggressively knocking on the door.

Later, when Park Chaeyoung arrives at the airport, Lalisa Manoban nags about having to wait in the cold for so long— at least, that was the case until her friend notices the big hickies against her neck. 

"Jesus Christ, you two took advantage of our flight delay, huh?" Lalisa Manoban teases as they make their way back into the hotel.

As they begin getting ready in the hotel, Park Chaeyoung notices the way that her friend was not wearing the signed jerseys that her boyfriend had gotten her. Instead, she wore a different custom jersey— similar to a basketball uniform, only that it had the colours and name of the baseball team. 

"They've come out with new merch," Lalisa Manoban explains, handing one that she'd gotten for her, "... I got you Jungkook's number don't worry. But you better conceal those marks." 

Park Chaeyoung blushes as she sees it, "... isn't it a little too much? It's going to be cold..."

"Come on Chaeng, we all know that Jungkook would literally be on his knees thanking me for getting you in that— he'll probably ask for your hand in marriage on the spot," she jokes. 

Lalisa Manoban's eyes are careful onto her friend, realising that she was hesitating.

"What's wrong?" She questions, feeling her intuition.

"Jungkook wants to go public, about our relationship," she tells him, "... I'm feeling nervous about it."

"Chaeng," Lalisa Manoban gives her a lined smile, "... if you're not ready, then you should tell him."

"It's not that," she explains, taking a deep breath, "... I just, worry about what will happen if we break up."

-

Kim Namjoon swears to God that if it weren't for the fact that Jeon Jungkook genuinely played a lot better when she was watching, he'd ban her from being in the general vicinity during baseball season. During the entire warm-up, his eyes are scanning the venue, clearly searching for her. Even during their debrief, he was on his phone trying to align the picture she'd taken to the area of the stadium because it was a little too difficult to find.

"Jungkook I swear— please, we get you to have a girlfriend but pay attention," he nags, causing the younger man to glare at him in response, "... and for the record, she's over there."

He points to her, wearing a cute summer uniform in purple waving at him. Kim Namjoon chuckles, seeing how fast Jeon Jungkook turns his head to look at her.

As soon as the warm-up was over, he quickly jogged over to her and began talking to her.

Ahhh— their youngest was in love.

-

Jeon Jungkook's focus was like tunnel vision, the minute he was made aware of her seating arrangement. 

The minute he saw her in her pigtails, and the cute short jersey she was wearing, he was gone. 

His eyes were simply hearts for her and he has Lalisa Manoban and Bambam to thank for that.

Jeon Jungkook doesn't care.

He holds his hand out to her before bringing the back of her palm to his lips, and kissing it. 

"Don't I get a good luck kiss?" He teases her, gently pinching at the hem of her uniform, "... though this is very cute."

She shakes her head before leaning down and whispering to her ear, "... I'll give you more than just a good luck kiss when you win today, baby." 

Jeon Jungkook for a second almost pulls her away right there and then, but doesn't because he can hear Kim Namjoon nagging from afar.

"You promise?" He holds out his picky to her.

She nods, returning the gesture. 

"Good luck babe," she gives her final cheer before shooing him, "... go, Namjoon is waiting for you."

"Make sure to watch me only, okay?" He tells her, "... I'll definitely hit a home run for you."

And he does. 

Of course, with the help of Lalisa Manoban explaining what was happening, Park Chaeyoung gets up from her seat and jumps in excitement with the crowd. She sees him turning and winking at her, feeling the way it made her heart beat fast like a thirteen-year-old teenager in love.

When she gets back to the hotel, she notices that many fans were posting about them— particularly his gesture of a kiss to her half, while one blog had even already linked it to the first post about when they first met.

"Ahh... people are already gossiping," she comments as he gets out of the shower, joining her in the bed. 

"Don't worry about it," he tells her as he wraps his arms around her, "... today's a good day."

It was. 

During the conference, he professed his love for her, stating, "... I'm thankful for the support of my girlfriend who surprised me by coming to Europe suddenly despite her busy schedule." 

The group qualified and probably was going to make history for South Korea. 

"I'm more concerned about your promise earlier," he tells her, leaning in and kissing her as he gently pushes her onto her back, hovering over her.

Slowly, her anxieties were swept away and replaced by the feeling of love and joy. 

She had the best boyfriend in the world.