part xviii. as long as it's with you.

Park Chaeyoung finds him in the back of the house, the sound of the violent swings of his bat against the ball echoes loudly as it ricochets and hits the ground. She's cautious, standing behind the netted area behind him as he practices his batting, noticing the look of determination in his eyes. The young blonde tries not to think about it too much, she knows that given his strength and expertise, she wouldn't put it past him to hit hard enough to not only break through the net, but perhaps the wall too.

She simply waits, watching him as she feels her heart feeling pained to see him like this. 

After a few minutes—she estimates between 15 to 20 since she'd come inside, he finally stops as he falls to his feet, a loud sigh escaping from his lips. 

Park Chaeyoung hates seeing him like this. 

Jeon Jungkook had always been strong and took care of her well. 

There he was, almost unrecognisable. 

She doesn't hesitate to rush to him as she quickly knees beside him, wrapping her arms around him in a tight embrace. 

If it were up to her, she'd never let him go.

"I'm sorry," she only manages to whisper, knowing very well that nothing had been her fault, but still feeling as though they were the only right words to say, "... I'm here for you babe." 

At first, he rests his head against her shoulder, but eventually uses the last energy in him to lift her onto his lap as he sat down, his head falling down on her shoulder, "... stay with me like this, for a moment. I want to be selfish."

All she thinks about is how sorry she feels, that he thinks that there's any other place he'd like to be, than in his arms. Her hands make their way to his back, feeling the sweat against it—she doesn't care, she begins patting him comfortingly.

"I'm not going anywhere, not without you. You can be as selfish as you want because I'm all yours."

The pair must've been sitting there for at least half an hour till the sound of his stomach rumbling causes the silence to suddenly turn into soft chuckles, as she leans back and smiles at him.

"Come on, we haven't even had breakfast yet," she whispers as she slowly peels herself off, reaching her hand out to help him get up, "... let's eat and talk." 

When they get to the kitchen, the house staff quickly rush to make breakfast, but she notices are careful they tread around him. Usually, they'd make small talk or a small joke at least, but today, they're completely silent. 

She assumes that they knew about the tense relations between Jeon Jungkook and his mother.

As the pair eat, Park Chaeyoung rests her hand against his thigh, "... are you feeling better?" 

Her attention is fully on him as he takes a deep breath and puts the cutlery down, looking at her, "... do you think we should go? To her wedding, I mean."

It almost sounds bitter, against his tone.

"It's not my call to make," she speaks carefully and softly, "... but whatever you choose, I'll support. We can stay home together, or go there together." 

She sees a faint smile on his lips before he takes a drink from his coffee.

"Be honest, what would you do if you were me."

"I'd go," she responds to him honestly, "... maybe I'd hate every minute of it—but, it means a lot to her, and I think down the line, you might regret not going... but, I also understand if you don't want to go, what she did really left a mark on you."

"What did you think of her, it's your first time meeting her," he asks her.

Park Chaeyoung pauses for a minute, not expecting that question at all.

"Well, she's pretty, but I'm not surprised because well her son is handsome too," she begins lightly, giving him a playful wink, "... but she seems to care for you a lot, she thanked me for looking after you."

By the end of breakfast, he'd made his decision.

"I'll go. I still need to control my emotions, but I know it's the right thing to do, and I know I can do it, as long as it's with you."