4. Missing Him

"Can I ask you for something?" He said as I washed the dishes. We talked alot during dinner. And he's a really nice guy.

"Yeah?" I said as i continued to wash.

"Actually, I..I had to leave. I have some important work that needs to be done. And it was really nice to meet you. So I was thinking if we could add each other on whatsapp and be friends?" He said scratching the back of his neck. And I also noticed the slight tint of pink on his cheeks.

I smiled and said "Of course. I would love to be friends with you. Here's my number."

I saw the wide grin appear on his face as I said that. God, he's so handsome. I gave him my number and he wore the clothes that I've already washed and then went away.

I smiled and went to bed. I still have work tomorrow.

Two weeks later,

Last few days I've been so busy that I don't even get time to cook. I've been eating takeouts every day. we are on a very sensitive breakthough and I spend most of my timer in lab.

My apartment doesn't feel as much good as it felt before meeting Alexander. After he left, the loneliness of being alone in the house increased by folds. And I don't want to admit, but I kinda miss him.

Plus I don't have a way to contact him. He said he had some important work, and I was the one to give him my number. But he hasn't contacted me yet.

To be honest, I didn't had to be this busy, it's just I don't like being alone. And working helps me keeping my mind busy.

I sighed as I grabbed my things from locker and exited the lab. Maybe I can grab something to eat in that newly opened cafe. Although I had to take detour, but it's better than going home and sleep with an empty stomach again.

As soon as I took the turn, and the cafe became visible, I heard a car honking by my side. I gave way, but the driver didn't go ahead and kept honking. Frustrated by the sound, I turned in anger and about to give this driver an earful when the window rolled down. I was shocked to see the person sitting inside.

He gave me one of his heartmelting smile and asked me to hop in. I nod my head as I opened the door and sat inside. Only after Alexander started driving did I notice that something is off.

I looked at Alexander and felt the gloomy aura around him. His jaw was clenched and his knuckles were turning white. "Is everything alright?" I asked and waited for him to reply. It's just, even after waiting for a few minutes, I didn't get a reply. Maybe he didn't hear or don't want to share. I thought.

He pulled up into a high end restaurant. I gave him a confused look and he just said two word. Only two words!! And that was "Let's go."

I pouted, not wanting to follow his lead, but he grabbed my hand and dragged me in. What the heck is wrong with this man today?? I thought.

The manager looking guy came and guided us to our private room. This is the classy, high end restaurant that gives customers full privacy. But why did Alexander brought me here?

We sat opposite to each other and Alexander looked at the menu and ordered food without looking at me. But what ignited my anger was when he said "That's all."

Hey, atleast ask people what they want to eat when you bring them into a restaurant. I thought. After the manager and waiter left us, Alexander looked at me for the first time after we met today.

His gaze was so intense that I was starting to feel uncomfortable. I bowed my head to hide my red cheeks, when his deep sexy voice came "Look here." I looked into his eyes and then waited for him to continue. And he did after a long time to staring into each other.

"Where's your phone?" he asked.

"Huh??" well that's the last thing I expected him to say. And the worst thing is that I can't read his emotions at all. I am even debating if he's the same guy I saved and who stayed with me. His face didn't held any emotion.

"Where. Is. Your. Phone.?" he said again, his dark tone dragging me out of my thoughts.

I pondered at his question and fetch out my phone from my bag and showed it to him.

"Where were you since yesterday morning?" he asked.

"At lab." I replied blinking innocently.

"SO WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER MY CALLS OR REPLY MY MESSAGES. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS WHEN I COULDN'T CONTACT YOU SINCE YESTERDAY???" he busted out in his loud voice.

___________________