9. Worry

Alexander's POV

So, after teaching those Germans their place, I had to go on a business trip. And as you can see, the mafia is our main family business. My father build our company after I was born from the scratch. Well apparently being the mafia hier he was, fell for an ordinary abused girl that turned out to be my mom. Well grandpa being the understanding but strict father, arranged some tests for my dad and then when he pass, my parents finally got married and had me.

But then my mom and me, as a baby were threatened because of my dad being mafia king. After he resolved everything, he decided to enter the legal market. And then he started Xanders Co. From the scratch. And with secret help from grandpa, we became one of the leading enterprise. And since young, i was trained to be a CEO as well as a mafia hier. It's just no one knows the real identity of the "king".

Five years ago, my dad handed me his CEO position and three years after that, the position of the "king" was handed down to me.

To the world, the Gray family is one of the richest family. But they have no idea how much influence we have in the underworld. Yeah, you can consider us as the richest because of our illegal businesses. But that's something we wouldn't flaunt. So yeah, this much is enough for me. And i would never want to expose my wife or children to this mafia shit. So yeah, i support my dad's decision.

Although it's quite a burden to keep a balance between legal and illegal businesses and transections as not to expose my identity through anything and still keeping my reputation. Hah..I wish I could just hug my princess to sleep, leaving all this shit behind. But I can't. I got soo many responsibilities that I can't just run away from.

I took a deep sigh and decided to call Anamika after showering. But after I came out of the shower, I looked at the time and it was 2:30am. I decided to call her tomorrow morning, as i don't want to wake her up in the middle of the night. A smile appeared on my face at the memories of us together.

Next morning, I dialed her number as soon as I woke up. But she didn't picked up the call. And after that, I called her every half an hour, my anxiety rising after each unanswered call.

She must've been busy. I keep telling that myself. When I couldn't contact her, even after her working hours, i decided to go and see her. I grabbed my car keys and drive to her house. Only to find out that it's locked. Confused, I asked my men to trace her phone. And to my relief, she was in the lab. I let out the deep breath that i didn't even knew i was holding and drived to her location. I waited infront of her lab for another 45 minutes before I saw her coming out.

And the worst thing? She didn't even looked at my direction, annoyed I got inside the car and decided to follow her. And if she dared to take that alley this late at night, i don't know how I'm gonna punish her.

But to my relief, she didn't take that path. I decided to stop her and talk to her. I honked my car until she noticed me. Her eyes widened in surprise and i couldn't help but smile, looking her face after so long. I asked her to get in and drived to one of the best restaurants I own in this city.

But I still couldn't shake that feeling off me that I called her so many times and never once did she picked up or called back. My anger grew at the thought that she might have been with someone else.

After we reached the restaurant and made our way to my personal private room, I lost control of my anger and made her cry. Damn, I hate myself for making my angel cry.

I apologised until she stopped crying and promised myself to never ever let her eyes get wet. And if anyone else dares to do that, I'll make their life hell.

______________________________

I know this chapter is kinda boring, but please wait. It'll get better I promise.

And Please vote and comment if you like the chapter.