6. Awkward

I felt my head getting heavier. And all I could hear was the deafening music and excited cheers of the crowd in the dance floor. I remembered that when I was in school I used to love participating in various dancing competitions.

I could tell that Emily was saying something to me, but I can't understand. The loud music tempting me to the dance floor. Unable to stop my hips from swinging along the music, I made my way to the dance floor. My moves were good but not vulgar. I looked tempting and hardly there were people who could control themselves.

Not that I care.

I danced as I wanted until I felt a pair of strong hands grabbing my waist. Shocked by the sudden touch, I reflexively wanted to get away. But then he started to move my hands and body. I let him take the lead and danced with him. He got great moves. I smiled and looked at him and met with a pair of blue eyes, which somewhat felt familiar. I tried to remember where I've seen these eyes that are tempting me. As I was lost in my thoughts, I again felt his strong arms grabbing my waist tightly and pulling me closer. My hands automatically snaked around his neck and he lifted me up.

My eyes fell onto his perfect lips, and unable to control my temptation, I placed my lips on his. I didn't know what to do next, but at that moment, his lips started to move against mine. I pulled out as I had difficulty in breathing. He put me down and placed his forehead against mine. I remember him saying something before I could hear it, I passed out.

The next morning when I woke up, I don't remember a thing that happened last night. I looked around and sighed in relief as I realised that I'm in my room in my apartment.

But how did I get here. I tried to remember what happened but all in vain. I got up and noticed that I'm wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and checked for messages and calls. There were 23 missed calls and 19 messages. And all of them were from one single person. Alexander.

I looked at the time. It's 7:30 am. I decided to call my father. I talked to him for 20 minutes before going to the washroom to freshen up. After I came out of the washroom and was feeling a little hungry. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table as I decided to talk to Alexander while making breakfast.

As soon as I opened the door of my room, I opened the call log. I was about to call him when I smelled something delicious. A ringing sound brought me out of my daze. And it seems to be coming from my kitchen. I became alerted as I grabbed the vase on my way to the kitchen. But as soon as I reached kitchen's door, I heard a deep, magnetic voice that always melt my heart into a puddle. "hello? You there, Anamika?" his voice again rang in my ears, bringing me out of my fantasise. I then soon realised that he was calling my name.

Wasn't he on call? But then my eyes went to my phone. My cheeks turned red as I cut the call and cleared my throat. Noticing the sound, he turned around to see me. Gosh!! He's as handsome as ever. I watched him putting his phone on the side and grab a glass, filled it with water and came to me. He handed the glass of water to me and fetch out a pill from his pocket. He then gave that to me and said "eat it. It'll help you with your hangover." he said and watched me as I ate the pill and drank the water. Then he quitely took the glass from my hand and put it in the sink then turn around to do what he was doing before.

"Sit on the dining table, Breakfast is ready." He said as he stacked four pancakes on top of each other. He then added some whipped creame, some sliced strawberries and raspberries and a little bit maple syrup. He placed a plate infront of me and another infront of the seat opposite to mine. He then took his seat and began eating without saying anything. We both ate in awkward silence. There were so many questions on my mind but somehow because of this weird atmosphere I'm unable to say anything.

___________________________________

Hey guys,

I know I made you guys wait too long for this chapter. But my pet rabbit died a few days ago, and i was so heartbroken that I wasn't able to write a chapter.

And I was planning to post this chapter yesterday but don't know what happened, everything I've typed was deleted so I had to rewrite this chapter.

And please consider voting and commenting as I really love reading your comments.

See you soon.

<3