12. Confusion

(for my music lover readers, especially first time listeners.. please tell me what you think about this song..cuz I definitely love it.)

Anamika's POV

It's been three days since I went to that club and I can feel that the atmosphere between me and Alex has been changed.

After that day, we had our little holiday since most of us never get holiday and visit our families. And going back to India would be impossible during such a short time. So i spent my holiday with Alex. And all of his small gestures of care are making me fall for him.

But i can't. I know mum will never agree. Although papa will definitely support me, but I don't want him to fight all those relatives again and listen to their taunts for life like "Padhne bheja tha apni beti ko videsh. Lekin yeh toh kaand karam karne lag gai vahan." (Sent his daughter to study abroad but she went there and got involved in scandals.)

When I walked inside lab, Emily ran and hugged me. Confused by her excitement, I asked "What is it?"

"Oh..tell me..tell me how it went?"
"Huh? What are you talking about?"
"Stop being ignorant... I'm talking about the guy that day..did you guys did that? Damn he was soo hot and sexy."
"Wait..which guy are you talking about?"
"Huh? The one you kissed and then disappeared with. And God he literally carried you in a bridal style in his arms. I wish I could meet a man like him."
"Wait..what? I kissed him? And then what do you mean by disappeared?" I asked getting shocked and flustered.

"Well...when we were dancing, he came and then started dancing with you and then you guys had your moment and then you pulled him into a kiss. And girl..that was quite hot. After that he picked you up in his arms and walked out of the club as if he was some kind of a big boss." She told as she mimicked the situation.

But how could I kiss a total stranger????

Wait.. wasn't it Alex who took me home that night? He might know something then.

I took out my phone and messaged Alexander.

Hey.

But i didn't get his reply even after ten minutes. Well he's a busy man..maybe I'll just call him later or ask him out.

And then I got busy with work. And after lunch I finally got the call for which I was waiting for since morning, Alexander.

"Hey Angel." He said in his deep voice. But this nickname definitely feel weird but coming out in his deep sexy voice make this alot better. And let me tell you, the first time he called me with that nickname was three days ago, yeah 'that' morning, I asked him why Angel and he said that because I'm innocent pure and beautiful as angel. Cringey right? But he insist on calling me that.

Like seriously, he called me Angel??? Parii?? (Angel in Hindi) I remember my cousin brothers teasing me by saying "papa ki pari hai tu toh" (you're daddy's angel) and let me tell you.. that's the biggest form of insult for girls. Because that slang is for spoiled, bratty girls. And I'm definitely not one of those.

But i guess it's alright since no one here knows about that. And that's a good thing. I just hope he won't call me that in front of any Indian. But till now, he has only called me that when it's just two of us.

"Anamika? You there?" He voice rang again pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Oh yeah.. I'm here." I replied.
"So what is it? You messaged but didn't said what it was about? I was a bit busy with the meetings and just checked my phone and saw your message."
"Ah..yeah... actually I had something to talk to you about. Soo shall we go for dinner together?"
"Yeah sure. But I still have an important meeting to attend before dinner. So how about you come to my office then we'll go somewhere from here?"
"Ah..is that alright for me to come to your office when you're busy?"
"Definitely angle. You can be here all day if you want." He said we a low, almost inaudible chuckle. He's teasing me.
"Alright then. You'll be there by 8? I'll be finished by then."
"Okay. See you later then. Buh-byee."
"Bye."

I smiled to myself and then got back to work.

It's 7:55 and I'm standing in front of the magnificent building of Xanders Co. Should I go inside and ask for him? I called him before arriving and he didn't picked up. Maybe still in meeting. Should I wait here? Or just go inside and ask in the reception for him? I decided to wait here for him. After standing in front of the main entrance for 10 minutes, a guy in blue suit came and asked "Excuse me, miss."
"Ah..Yes?"
"Are you waiting for someone?"
"Um..yes..I was waiting for a friend who works here."
"But most of our employees have left. Only the higher ups and executives are in a meeting. Can you tell me that person's name?"
"Oh..it's Alexander."
His brows furrowed in confusion as he asked "Alexander? Do you mean Alexander Gray?"
"Yep that's him." I said with a smile that his name brought to my face.
"Umm.. please wait a minute miss." He said and then went to a corner and called someone. And after talking for a couple of minutes, he came back and said "Sorry for Letting you wait that long. Please follow me." And then turned around.

I followed him up the elevator that took us to the top floor and then into the office that was as big as my team's lab. They guy told me to wait here and Alex will come here after he's finished.

It had shades of grey and white interior. I sat on the big grey sofa with a dark wood tea table. I looked around the office that had a big, dark, almost black desk, with a desktop and loads of paper on it. It had a small photo frame and a pot of succulent.

Behind the desk there was a black leather chair, with pots of plants of either side. And a big painting behind. On the left side was floor to ceiling glass that gave out the best night view of this city, that made me envy the person who owned this office. Well, as luxurious as this office seems, it definitely belongs to the CEO.

On the right side, there was book shelves with tons of books on it. All related to business, real estate, resturants and criminal psychology? Well that's something different. There was a door behind book shelf probably leading to another office or maybe a washroom?

Sitting here, I was getting bored and I don't know how, I fell asleep.

________________________

Soo this is probably the longest chapter I've written.

Andd what are your favourite slangs??

Alsoooo..it's finally time when one of Alexander's identity is exposed to Anamika.

By the way, do you guys write stories too? If yes please let me know. I would love to read your stories as well.

And also drop your suggestions for me to read.

And please vote if you like the chapter. And let me know about your thoughts in the comments.

See you soon

Buh-bye. <3