17. Sleeping together

Anamika's POV

When I woke up from my sleep I was in an unfamiliar room. But as soon as I heard Alex's voice, I finally stopped panicking.

I hugged him before I could even look at his face. All those people with guns firing isn't something totally unknown to me. Like I've seen them in movies. And to be honest this sure feels like those action movies I used to watch with papa.

I even wanted to be one of them, using guns and be able to fight. But damn!!! This is sooo scary.

I sobbed in Alex's chest for a bit before his deep voice rang in my ears "C'mon let's fill that empty stomach of yours. You haven't eaten anything. Must be hungry." He grabbed my face in his big hands and wiped my tears with his calloused hands.

I gave him a soft nod and was about to get up but he scooped me in his arms and carried me out of the room.

He placed me on his massive dining table and asked me to sit like a 'good girl' and he went to bring out food. I looked at the wall clock and it was 10 minutes past midnight.

I looked around the house from my chair and I definitely didn't expect Alex's house to be like this.

He had soft ivory coloured walls and the interior was of different shades of browns, tans, whites and golden. Plus there's alot of plants which I liked the most.

After dinner, we went back to his room. Earlier I didn't noticed but his room is Massive. And the only difference between this room and the living room is that the grays and blacks along with white.

But of course it's beautiful. He even have a couch, a coffee table, a book shelf and a floor to ceiling glass windows that lead to balcony where I could see a couple of arm chairs were placed.

"You...stay here. I'll go sleep on the guest room." My eyes widened as soon as his words reached my ears. And i unconsciously grabbed the back of his shirt as he was leaving.

I panicked and let out "don't go... please...i..i don't want to be left alone here."

He turned around and looked at me as if he was directly staring at my soul. After which he simply nodded and went to bed. He grabbed a pillow, so I asked "wh-what are you doing?"

"Um..well..the bed is big enough for both of us. But I thought you might be uncomfortable so I was just making a pillow wall between us." He said looking at me with his intense gaze.

"Um..well... there's no need for that. I-I trust you." I said awkwardly. I mean, he won't do anything right? We had spent quite the nights together in my apartment. But we never slept on the same room. Not to mention, on the same bed.

Though I asked him to stay in this room. And since he it practically a giant, he wouldn't fit in that small couch. So I never expected him to sleep here. But isn't making a pillow wall too much?

He let out a simple "oh" and then placed the pillow back in its place.

I watched him get under the sheets and then his eyes again turned to me as he said "why are you not coming to bed?"

"Ah..yeah.. I'm coming." I said and rushed to bed and got under the sheets.

"G-good night." I said.

"Good night." He said and but I laid in bed wide awake.

"Um..Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"I can't sleep."

"Meet too."

"Um..can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can ask me anything you want."

"Do you know those people who attacked me today?"

"Well kind of. They're our enemies."

"But why would they attack you? I mean they surely mistake me for you."

"No. They probably know about you. That I actually fell in love with you. Because one of our warehouse was attacked that's why I had to ask Ben to take you home."

"Alexander?"

"Mmn?"

"You should just give up."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because even if I have feelings for you. I can't stay here with you."

"Why?"

"Well.. there's alot. Main problem is my family and relatives."

"You know, you don't have to keep contact with them if you stay here with me if you don't want to."

"No..my father. If I do anything like that then he has to suffer. Everyone will say him nasty things to him because he was my greatest supporter back than. And he loved me alot. And I love him too."

I felt his arms wrap around me as he said "then how about I bring him here and then we'll all live together?"

"Haha..he wouldn't come. He's a prideful man. Plus he wouldn't leave his family behind or the place he spent all his life."

"Hmn..then that would be a problem. Tell me what kind of son-in-law does your family expects?"

"Well..most important he should be indian, with same religion and same caste. Also he should have a reputable job with good salary."

"Haha..i don't know about anything else, but I do have a good salary."

"Oh? Then what about a reputable job?"

"Well I don't think what I do is something that can be considered reputable?"

"What? Are you saying being a CEO of a freaking company that is on top of the list isn't a reputable job?"

____________________

Oh my dear Anamika. Only if you knew. ಡ⁠ ͜⁠ ⁠ʖ⁠ ⁠ಡ

And people, I would be updating more frequently because I want to put this story on wattys 2023. And the chapters wouldn't be short.

Also, please tell me what you think about this story so far?

And please vote if you like this chapter.

See you soon. <3