Waiting for Tonight - Clay

*This takes place before the Losers ship off for their mission*

"Come on man let's go!" Jenson yelled from the helicopter. "In a minute!" Clay yelled back. Then he turned his head and looked at his fiancé, Belle. He cupped her face in both hands and leaned his head forward and against hers so that their lips were mere inches from each other. "Come back to me safe...please." She whispered, tears in her eyes. "I will angel, I will. I promise. It's just a quick mission and then I'll be back by tomorrow night. It might be late but I'll be back." He gave her quick peck on the lips and then pulled back but didn't let her go. "When I get back I'm going to make you Mrs. Franklin Clay and then I'm going to take you on the best vacation of your life." "And Ruby." "And Ruby yes." Ruby was their chocolate lab. Belle never went anywhere without him, except for work of course. "Speaking of which..." Clay bent down to meet the young pups face and rubbed its head. "You take care of your mama while I'm gone. Protect her and keep her safe. And make sure my side of the bed stays warm." Ruby barked a yes in response making the couple laugh. The Clay stood back up and kissed Belle passionately once more. "I love you. More then anything in this world." "I love you too." With that they kissed once more and then Clay grabbed his bag and ran to the helicopter. It didn't take long for them to take off. Belle waved goodbye until she couldn't see them no more.

It had been a week. Belle was terrified of what had happened to Clay. She even went to his superiors and demanded they tell her what was going on. "Ma'am, we are sorry to inform you but..." "No! My fiancé is still alive! He is alive and he is out there! You need to find him!" They kept trying to tell her he was dead. That they all died in a fiery helicopter crash. They even handed her his dog tags. But she refused to believe it. Even after everyone else had given up after a month she still refused to be believe it. Every night she went to bed dreaming of him, crying herself to sleep. Clutching his dog tags in her hand. Ruby by her side.

Two months after, Belle received a letter in the mail but it wasn't in her name. It was her sisters but it was in Clays hand writing. Belle ran inside and quickly opened it.

"Belle,
It's dangerous that I'm even writing this letter to you. But I need you to know that I'm not dead. It's a long story but the boys I threw our dog tags into the crash to make them believe we were dead to keep our families safe. I promise you that I will come back to you and Ruby one day and keep up my promise to you. But I couldn't stand you not knowing. I miss you terribly. I love you. Please know that. Stay safe, don't trust anyone." - All my love