My Hero - Max - The Resident

Aurora sighed heavily as she walked into the break room of the hospital where she worked. She was on the last two hours of her twelve hour shift as a pediatric nurse and she was miserable. She looked at the clock, it was almost six o'clock. She ran a hand through her long blonde hair and pulled it into a lazy bun before calling her husband, Max. He answered after two rings. "Hey sweetheart." His ruff grizzly but amazing voice said. Aurora couldn't hold back her tears. He heard her crying and asked, "Baby? What's wrong?" "I'm sorry. I'm having a really rough day." "Do you wanna talk about it?" "My stomach really hurts today. The cramps are really kicking my ass plus I have the worst migraine. Two nurses called out so I've been the only one working the floor besides one of the fill in nurses all day. And one of the doctors yelled at me for not being fast enough with his patient but I tried to explain to him that I was by myself on a 12 hour shift and I had six other patients but he told me he didn't care and that it was no excuse. So not only am I in some severe pain, but I am so tired, and I miss you." "I'm so sorry sweetheart. You don't deserve that kind of treatment. You want me to come and kick his ass cause I will. Then he'll be someone else's problem." That made her laugh a little. "No handsome but thank you for the offer. I just can't wait to come home. You'll be home right? I know you've been busy fixing up some of the apartments but I really need some cuddles." "I'll be right here waiting for you sweetheart." "Ok...I love you Max." "I love you more." Then Aurora hung up and returned to her shift. While at home Max decided to treat his wife to some relaxation.

Aurora wouldn't be home until 8, so Max went to the local grocery store and bought her favorite snacks, some wine, ginger ale, green tea, some heavy meds and pads, and some ingredients to prepare her favorite meal. Then he ran to the bakery before they closed and got the last few pieces of red velvet with buttercream frosting. Once back at home he prepared everything for her night of comfort. First he prepared all the ingredients to make a homemade pizza and put it into the oven once it was complete. Pepperoni with tomatoes and jalapeños and extra cheese. While that was cooking he went into the bedroom and changed out the sheets to their black silk sheets and a heavy comforter. He then laid out some pajamas for her. His old NYU shirt that she loved to wear and some running shorts that she wore to bed because they had built in underwear. He also pulled out the heating pad just in case she needed it. Max then went into the bathroom and lit the room with soft candle light. He filled the tub with hot water and threw in her favorite bath bomb. After setting out everything on a tray in front of the sofa, Max heard the door open. "Hey baby. I'm home." Aurora announced as she took her coat off and hung it by the door. But then she turned and saw everything in the living room. "Max?" "Sweetheart. I hated hearing you upset and in pain so I did a few things that will hopefully make you feel better. First...I drew you a hot bath." He said leading her to their bathroom. "Oh Max, you didn't have to do all this." "I know I didn't but my baby was hurting. Plus your always working so hard. I wanted to make you feel good. So you take a relaxing hot both, once your finished I have your pjs on the bed and dinner waiting while we watch Murder by Death." Aurora had tears of joy in her eyes. She kissed her loving husband and said, "Thank you Max. You are the best husband."

After her long and relaxing bath. Aurora wrapped herself in the warm fluffy towel that Max gave her and took the medicine he left for her. She was already feeling so much better. She then changed into her pjs and went into the living room where Max was waiting her on the couch. "Did you want ginger ale or tea baby?" "Ginger ale please." Max grabbed their drinks and then cuddled under a large blanket with her. After the movie was over and the food was consumed. Aurora had fallen asleep in Max's arms. Max smiled and kissed her forehead before picking her up gently and taking her to the bedroom where he laid her down underneath the covers. Aurora blinked and looked up at him. "How did i deserve such an amazing husband?" Aurora asked, Max gave a small chuckle and kissed her lips lovingly. "Your my hero." She said. Max cuddled next to her and pulled her in close. "And your mine princess."