THE Phone Call

It was a long night and Aarthi's father is analyzing what to talk about over the phone call with Bunny. It's the same with Bunny too. He can't stop saying things to Ridhima about Arun's marriage. He thinks this match is perfect for his best friend.

As soon as the sun woke up Aarthi's father made the phone call. It was nearly 8:30 PM in the place Bunny lives. Aarthi's father is online and started to converse.

"Hello!! Is this Bunny?"

"Yes sir. Is this Aarthi's Father?"

"Yes. How are you, Babu?"

"I'm fine uncle. How are you both?"

"We are good. Ok. I...I want to talk about the match. My daughter's with your brother."

"I think this match is perfect for them uncle. What do you think?"

"I think and wish the same. But Arun has told Aarthi that he wants to get married ASAP."

Well, that was me but anyways..."Yes, uncle. He just turned 28. We also want to get him married soon. Is it okay for you uncle?"

I just don't know how to convince my daughter. " Ok, Babu. I'll fix a date and we can all come over and get them married in a register office."

"Ok, uncle."

Bunny is so excited but he has no idea how he is going to convince Arun.

Bunny then in low voice told Ridhima, "Do you think he agrees?"

Ridhima replied in an assuring voice, "Leave it to me. I'll take care of it."

"You have an idea? "

Ridhima nodded. Bunny with excitement stated, "You think that works?"

"For sure. Just wait and watch."

Bunny is a little amazed but Ridhima is confident.

Back here in India both Aarthi's mom and dad are ready with all the weapons to convince Aarthi. They are just waiting for the right situation.

Two days after their first phone call Aarthi's dad again called Bunny.

Bunny took his ringing phone while he was working out early in the morning. He smiled seeing the name. He picked up and started, "Hello uncle. Namaste."

"Hello, Babu. Namaste. How are you?"

Ridhima heard Bunny talking to someone and rushed toward him. She even asked to put on the speaker as she can't wait to listen.

Aarthi's father continued, " We are good Babu. How are you and Ridhima?"

"Good uncle. Tell us what's the reason you called?"

"I think this month 16th is a good day for marriage. It is a week away. What do you think?"

Bunny turned to Ridhima with a confused look. She gave him a 'leave it to me' look and Bunny continued over the phone, " Ok uncle. But we can't come over. It's just a week away and we can't manage to come there in this short time. We will surely visit soon after the marriage."

"Ayyoo. It's ok Babu. We'll change the date."

Bunny looked at Ridhima and she is saying no with her head and hands. So Bunny said, "No uncle. It's ok. Please final this date. No problem."

"Ok, Babu. I know Arun is also very busy but will he be okay with the date?"

"Why not? He'll be fine uncle. Trust me. You send me the address of the office. In fact, he is waiting to meet your daughter."

'Oh my god, what if Bunny asks me to arrange Arun and Aarthi on a date? I can't convince her.' Aarthi's father got a frightened look.

'OMG, what if Uncle asks me to arrange a date between the two? I don't want to die this early. I have to manage something.' Bunny has the same look.

Aarthi's father started, " Ok then. I'll meet him in the venue."

Bunny got relieved and answered, " Sure uncle. Bye."

"Bye Babu."

Bunny believes that Ridhima will somehow convince Arun to get married. On the other hand, Aarthi's father is waiting for the right opportunity to talk to Aarthi.

Both Arun and Aarthi are busy with their lives. Arun is planning to have a Board of directors meeting on the 16th. He even asked his secretary to inform everyone. He knows little about what's on the line.