THE Parents

Arun stayed on the terrace the whole night. When the time was 5 a.m., he came back to his room and found it empty. He thought Aarthi was in Bunny's room. He went and freshened up. Today they must go to Aarthi's parents and then go to Mumbai. By the time he came out of the washroom Bunny and Ridhima were already there and ready to go. Bunny decided not to talk to Arun until he doesn't change himself. He is looking very angry. Arun understood that. He feels bad that Aarthi is more than hurt.

He asked Ridhima, "Where is Aarthi?"

"What do you mean where is Aarthi? Isn't she here?", Ridhima asked and everyone was confused. Arun's mind started making assumptions. Is she alright? Did she do some stupid work after knowing about our marriage? Did she leave me??

"Hii Guys", Aarthi entered the room all excited and waving at all of them. She has a glimpse of shine in her eyes. She is still in the last night's dress but has a new energy both in her voice and actions.

"Hi", Bunny said and looked at her confused. Ridhima and Arun are equally confused.

"Just give me 5 min. I'll get ready and we shall start.", she said and rushed into the bathroom without waiting for the reply.

"Did you speak to her last night?", asked Ridhima to Arun who was looking at the bathroom door.

"No. I didn't ", Arun said remembering the terrace incident.

"Then why is she normal? She is more than normal right now.", Ridhima exclaimed.

"I'm thinking the same", Bunny said and went out only after giving a death glare to Arun.

After a few minutes, Aarthi is out and all of them are checked out of the hotel. They are now in the car. Bunny is driving with Aarthi in the passenger seat giving him the directions. Ridhima and Arun are in the back seat. They reached Aarthi's home at around 7:30 a.m. They got down and saw Aarthi's parents were having their morning tea reading the newspaper in their garden. Aarthi's mom saw them and ran to them. She hugged Aarthi and called her husband out. They don't know that Aarrhi is going to come. Aarthi wanted to surprise them. Her dad also came and hugged her. Later they both greeted Arun, Bunny, and Ridhima. Aarthi's father hugged Arun and Bunny one by one.

Arun felt that fatherly warmth for the first time in his life and his heart craved more like this. They are welcomed by Aarthi's parents.

"Take Arun to your room and I'll show Bunny and Ridhima their room.", Aartgi's mom said.

They both went to Aarthi's room. As soon as they entered Arun tried to say, "Aarthi
..". But he was cut off by Aarthi, "Arun. Make yourself comfortable. Anyways what is mine is yours from now on. So, feel at home."

Arun is too stunned to speak. Before he could speak anything Aarthi went out of the room.

They are ready in a few minutes and gathered at the dining table for breakfast. It is a 4 seater dining table. So, Aarthi and her father are sitting in their usual place and eating her mom's famous Rayalseema special dosa. Arun felt the food was very tasty. He ate 3 dosa's making Aarthi shocked.

After breakfast, all of them are sitting in the living room and discussing things.

Aarthi and her mom are in the kitchen.

"Everything is fine?", Aarthi's mom asked all of a sudden.

"Maa. We got married as soon as we saw each other. How can you think everything will be fine? But the good part is NOW everything is fine between us.", she said with a smile and hugged her mom. She saw Arun standing at the entrance of the kitchen and of course, he listened to everything. But soon he turned around and left from there.