THE Office

Arun's POV :

Oh my god. She's being nice to everyone. Can she be more??? Slowly the boundary I drew for myself looks fading. My heart has been craving this attention for years and when I am finally getting it but from the wrong relationship, I just don't know what to think. I just can't ignore the fact that I made the wrong. I did that and regret doing it every second of my life. Bunny and Ridhima wanted me to leave everything aside and start afresh. But is it that simple? Can my mind accept it? I don't even know how can I forget it. I don't have what it takes to forget it. I want to believe the thing I did was not wrong but I don't know how.

After having Aarthi in my life, I too want her to be with me for a lifetime. But my desire to have her in my future doesn't change my past. She cares for me as a family. Nothing changed after getting married. I was cooking back then, I was eating, I was cleaning, I was going to the office, doing my work, coming back home, eating, sleeping, having nightmares. All of these happened after marriage too. I am still cooking but with Aarthi by my side, the food tastes better. I was eating but she made sure I ate more every day. I am cleaning but she is helping me now to do it. I am going to the office only after she gives her smile and waves goodbye. I come back home and see her smile again. I'm doing my work but I started maintaining time limits. I realized Shivam needs to spend time with his family because she is in my life. It's a wonder why I am not having nightmares and sleeping till 6 or 7 in the morning. It feels so good to sleep for so long. It feels like a dream. But all I am afraid of is one day I must wake up and face the reality. I've been thinking all these days. Finally, the day has arrived. 30th day of our marriage. The day I promised myself to tell her I wanted a divorce.

Today she took a leave and said she wanted to complete some unfinished business before the weekend. And here I am in the conference room listening to a presentation on a merger with KK companies. Both Mr.Kapoor and Mr.Khan are like my godfathers. I started my journey in their company as an employee and they guided me to expand my startup idea by funding it. They never thought about profits and always encouraged new talent. Even today whenever I doubt solving a situation, they are the people I meet, and they will direct me in the right way. They want to take retirement. They both are in their mid-70s. They said that their shares are being shared with all the people in the company and I'm sure I'm going to do the same. And to look after the company's day-to-day work, he needed some help from our company.

"So, I think the presentation sums it up well.", Mr.Khan said.

"Yes sir. I appreciate the idea of yours.", I said with a smile.

"Also, I wanted to talk to you.", Mr.Khan said.

"Sure, sir. The deal is fine. Let's go with the signatures.", I said and we three did our signatures in needed papers.

All four of us went to my cabin.

"Please take your seat.", I said while sitting in my chair and Shivam also sat on a chair nearby.

"Arun, we both known you for years. You are one of those youngsters who surprised us with your ideas on management and CSR (Corporate social responsibility). That's why when you want to work on your startup, we don't hesitate to invest in it. Though we never signed any MoUs, you always credited us with all the success. You were working all the time but we were the faces of it in front of the world. With your determination and hard work, this company grew 10-fold. But you never bragged about it anyway. Your simplicity lies in your lifestyle. You earn thousands of crores but you respect your PA and let him sit along with you. Your company is in the top 10 companies in India and still, you have the same infrastructure as your all other employees. This shows you respect everyone. And so we have a proposition.", Mr.Kapoor said with hope in his eyes.