THE Nightmare

Aarthi's POV :

Aarthi is sleeping and the time is about 2:30. She felt something moving beside her. She slowly tried to open her eyes.

Why is this bed moving like this? I tried to see and I could see Arun tossing left and right continuously. I sat straight on the bed and tried to understand what was happening. He has sweat all over his face. He is fisting his hands, breathing heavily. His T-shirt also was wet because of sweat. I am trying to decipher what's going on and suddenly it stuck with me. HE IS HAVING A BLOODY NIGHTMARE.

I immediately released his fisted hand and took it into my left hand. I sat on my knees and tried to rub his chest and started to tell him to cool down and nothing was wrong.

"Calm down Arun. It's okay. Nothings wrong. Calm down, please. You are fine. You are safe. I'm here. Try to come out of your dream."

I'm talking about all the words that crossed my mind and slowly his breathing started slowing down and finally, after 5 good minutes, he was back to his normal self. I sat there with my back resting on the headrest.

OMG. I don't even know what he had gone through that he is having nightmares about it. With few children coming to our NGO with a rough childhood, I have known about the way these things happen. I also attended some sessions based on how to be an emotional support for people in need like these. I just hope that I can help Arun also to come out of his shell and leave that baggage behind. I slept in a sitting position with his thoughts.

POV ends.

Arun's POV:

I woke up with some rays falling on my face. This is very unusual for me to wake up. I opened my eyes sat up in a jolt and saw my surroundings. It is full daylight and I took my phone to look at the time from the nightstand. It's 10 AM. My eyes widened with shock. Did I sleep till now? I'm in my deepest of thoughts when there is a knock on the door and the door opens revealing Aarthi having a tray in her hands. She gave me her mind-blowing smile and I just forgot that I just woke up.

"Good morning.", she said while walking towards the bed and handing over the class with probably hot water.

"Good morning.", I took the glass from her hands and started drinking.

She went near the cupboard took some clothes and went into the washroom. Then I realized that we both are living in the same room. I took my phone and went out. I kept the glass in the kitchen and is going into mine. Suddenly I hear small sobs from Aarthi's room. I knocked and Bunny opened it. And then I saw Ridhima sitting on the bed and crying. I got panicked and pushed Bunny aside and went towards her.

"What happened Ridhima? Why are you crying?", I asked kneeling near her.

"Your friend is a bad husband. She doesn't love me. Doesn't care for me.", Her cries increased and now tears were flowing nonstop.

"What the hell is this Bunny? What did you do?", I yelled looking at Bunny.

"Trust me, Arun. It is not my fault.", Bunny is trying to defend himself.

I again turned to Ridhima took her hand into mine and asked her again."What happened?"

"I've been asking for Hyderabadi Biryani for so long and your friend is not allowing me to eat.", she said more like complaining. Wait. She is crying this hard for Biryani. I thought she was hurt or Bunny scolded her.

"I want to eat it, Arun.", she said again and I was too stunned to speak.

"Then you will eat it.", a voice came from behind and I looked back to find Aarthi standing near Bunny.