THE Board Meeting

Arun woke up and saw his hand was in Aarthi's hand. He felt peace. But then remembered the present situation going on between them. He is slowly making up his mind on how to tell her the complete truth. Aarthi is still asleep. He removed his hand from her grip and went inside the washroom to get ready for the day.

By the time Arun is out of the washroom Aarthi is not on the bed. He went out and saw her heating water for them. She saw him and gave a full-blown smile. He is so confused about why Aarthi is behaving more than normal after knowing he wants to divorce her. He did not smile back. She went near him and handed him his glass.

"I made poha for breakfast. I'll have my lunch outside with my friend Pallavi. And if you come back early from the office today, don't cook dinner. We will have it out.", she said casually and started reading a newspaper.

"What is wrong with you?", Arun asked Aarthi in a slightly loud voice.

"What do you mean what is wrong with me?", Aarthi asked confused.

Arun huffed hard and said, " Don't act normal Aarthi. It is more disturbing than before."

Aarthi smiled and Arun was confused. "So, you got disturbed earlier.", she said in a mischievous voice and continued, "And one more thing. I'm not acting normal. I'm being normal. The way my heart wants me to be."

Arun cannot understand Aarthi's words. He wanted to retort but soon his phone rang flashing Shivam's name. He went inside the room while talking over the phone. Here Aarthi is smiling seeing Arun's disappearing figure. He came out after a while and served himself breakfast while Aarthi was getting ready for the day. By the time she is out, Arun is done with his breakfast and is ready to leave.

Aarthi went with him near the door and waved at him saying Bye with a wide smile on her face. Arun is not able to digest the fact that Aarthi is normal. But keeping it aside for the day he has to attend the meeting with Shivam. So now he is going to his office and from there both Shivam and Arun go to KK company together.

Aarthi booked a cab directly to KK company as it was already 9:20. She reached the office by 9:55. She went inside the cabin of Mr.Kapoor and Mr.Khan as she was already there once.

"Oh. Hi, beta.", Mr.Kapoor said as soon as he saw Aarthi.

"Hello, sir. Hi.", she said to both of them and started talking about random things. Soon their PA informed them that the conference room was ready and all were waiting for them. Hence, they left for the room where the BOD meeting was going to happen.

Aarthi's POV :

As soon as we entered the room I saw almost everyone seated and only 6 chairs were empty. Mr.Kapoor sat on the head chair and asked me to sit on his right. Mr.Khan sat on another head chair beside Mr.Kapoor. I looked around. Everyone here is in a formal ware. Mine is formal too but it is a cotton kurta top and straight cotton pants while everyone is wearing suits including women. I have my tote bag with me. I'm looking so out of place and also a little nervous regarding the occasion.

Two girls who looked like twins were sitting and giving me not-so-good looks. They are discussing something and look angry at me. I don't know the reason for their looks and why the hell is this meeting not getting started. Mr.Kapoor looked at my discomfort and smiled at me.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. There is another person we want to join us in this meeting. He texted me that he was in the way.", Mr.Khan said.

"Who is that He?", asked one of the twins.

"He is the Chairman of TAK, Ms.Desai.", Mr.Kapoor said. TAK chairman it is. Oh god, he is Arun's boss. Nice. I'm gonna see him. I should say this to Arun tonight. 
I saw the twins and their eyes were shining. One girl is setting her hair and the other is applying lipstick. I closed my eyes and soon the door opened.